Best twinshock Fantic...?

johnnyboxer

I didn t mean to say how good it was twice.. but then...

Also to clarify, my Majesty wasn t a works bike although with the amount of time,effort ( various persons) and not so small sum of Euros, lavished on it to try and make it as good as a Fantic.... it bloody well could have been.....

Hi All,

I have a 240, 300, 301, a 245 b@st@rd bike ( drum brakes and twin shocked ). I just picked up a decent 200 this weekend and have to say I'm blown away at how much snort this lil 156cc engine makes !!!It's so light feeling and steers so nice ! I'll have to ride it back to back with the 240 (my favorite) or at least so far, when it is all freshened up !

Hi All,

I have a 240, 300, 301, a 245 b@st@rd bike ( drum brakes and twin shocked ). I just picked up a decent 200 this weekend and have to say I'm blown away at how much snort this lil 156cc engine makes !!!It's so light feeling and steers so nice ! I'll have to ride it back to back with the 240 (my favorite) or at least so far, when it is all freshened up !

So your the one who bought the 200 listed on Harrisburg craigslist? Man,it was all I could do to not call on that one when It came up(I use Jaxed Mash to search all USA Craigslist) My garage is full right now with seven bikes,just couldn't get myself to jump on it.Gonna clean up that TY350 and sell asap,I've let a few other fantics slide by,I've nae bloody interest in any other trials bikes!(Except my Gasgas TXT!)

Gumby,

P.M. me your phone and or email and we'll yammer about Fantics sometime B)

I thought my 200 was fantastic, then I fitted a new Dellorto carb and exhaust....jeez what a difference. Very crisp, perfect fuelling, loads of power and importantly very light. I love it!!

1210916370_HQEoV-XL.jpg

Them bar risers look a little high you could try some 7.5inch bars i've seen some sell on ebay for a reasonable price. Nice 200 keep up the good work, or ideas...lol

Them bar risers look a little high you could try some 7.5inch bars i've seen some sell on ebay for a reasonable price. Nice 200 keep up the good work, or ideas...lol

Bar risers make for a more natural position when you roll you bars forward,high rise bars seem to do weird things with the angles when rotated forward from a trail riding position,but he might try lowering the footpeg mounts to get down into the bike,then use less rise at the bars. BTW,That 200 is beauty!

Edited by htrdoug

WOW,..That's BEAUTIFUL !!!!

It is nice but I take no credit for it's creation, that was all down to Furse, above. :)

Apart from lots of tinkering, just the new Dellorto carb and exhaust have it running perfectly. I believe Furse fitted fork internals from a different Fantic model. After a lot of research and advice the NJB Trikshox's already fitted seem to be the most suitable although I could perhaps do with slightly stronger springs (too many pies!).

I've fitted a slippy clutch cable and extended the clutch actuating arm with a 428 chain link, it's now a one finger operation.

I've no excuses left now!

How do you extend the clutch arm with the link?? Also some say move the pegs and some say not?? Do you think it makes much difference ?? :thumbup:

Just bolt the chain link to the clutch arm, it just extends it the right amount then fit the cable through the link.

My footrests were already moved and seem perfect. Having ridden old twinshocks with high pegs I much prefer them a bit lower and rearward but believe the concensus is the Fantic 200 doesn't need them moving very much.