Colomer leaves Ossa

for artie

All I get from that is that if the local goverment doesn't come up with some money they're moving to another area

All I get from it, is! if Ossa can't secure A 4,000.000 Euro investment they can't carry on as planned.

It doesn't matter how good a product is, if there isn't enough demand to make a profit then it will go under.

The company does not find endorsement necessary to obtain financing and to develop its project. In order to carry out his strategic plan it requires an investment of four million Euros. In order to obtain this financing, Ossa has requested institutional endorsement to d'Empresa Departament i Educaci

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I get from that is that if the local goverment doesn't come up with some money they're moving to another area

Exactly what I get. Suggests that they ALREADY have the support elsewhere, and the time frame crunch is that they will lose that support, if they don't act soon. So, giving the government one last chance to come through.

Exactly what I get. Suggests that they ALREADY have the support elsewhere, and the time frame crunch is that they will lose that support, if they don't act soon. So, giving the government one last chance to come through.

:agreed:

Soooo Chinese Ossa? Perfect opportunity for a Chinese company to swoop in, snap up the assets and existing designs of a technologically advanced bike and get into the trials game. It's going to happen it's just a matter of when and who.

Why would the local government invest 4 Million Euros for a business that employs just 30 people?

And, where do business owners get the idea that their Government or Local Authority is there solely to help them grow or bail them out? If their bank won't support them and if private investors are not willing to put any money in then maybe their business plan/strategy isn't viable...

Nice looking bike though :)

And, where do business owners get the idea that their Government or Local Authority is there solely to help them grow or bail them out? If their bank won't support them and if private investors are not willing to put any money in then maybe their business plan/strategy isn't viable...

Nice looking bike though :)

Hey Kinell, Shall we go and buy it! :unsure:

My guess is that because of the recession / bank bailouts the banks need in this case the local government to back the loan. Every business needs line's of credit to survive. However, catch 22, the banks are not loaning money. The loan from the bank is for growth of the company. I wonder what restrictions the EU puts on this type of deal?

Ossa Growth = 2500 units in 2012, a launch of another model in Milan this fall, my guess is Enduro, and eventually a road model. I would say 30 employees will grow substantially.

Now, if your the bank you don't want to own a company that has defaulted, and this has happened with another brand. So, you need a guaranty. This is all business stuff that will go away as the world economy recovers.

Never mind the speculation.. can't a bloke change his job without the rest of the world yabbering on about it. The important news for Ossa I would have thought was that they showed well in Scotland. Next years bike will be a force to be reckoned with hope they can get the price right. I suppose there's no point in me applying for his old job!!!

Next years bike will be a force to be reckoned with hope they can get the price right. I suppose there's no point in me applying for his old job!!!

Whats the bets that next years bikes shoot up in price? never mid 'get the price right' What are they

Why would the local government invest 4 Million Euros for a business that employs just 30 people?

That the green-eyed monster then Ian? If their local authorities offer more support than those in the UK then good luck to 'em. Perhaps if UK government had been more supportive of UK industry we would still be in awe of UK giants like ICI, ICL (I'm not sure that Leyland is a good example :rolleyes: ) etc and 3 in ten would still be involved in manufacturing as opposed to 1 in ten.

Edited by TooFastTim

That the green-eyed monster then Ian? If their local authorities offer more support than those in the UK then good luck to 'em. Perhaps if UK government had been more supportive of UK industry we would still be in awe of UK giants like ICI, ICL (I'm not sure that Leyland is a good example :rolleyes: ) etc and 3 in ten would still be involved in manufacturing as opposed to 1 in ten.

As long as we have to pour millions(billions?) into that voracious financial black hole called the EEC we can't afford to support UK industry.

Only Germany seems to make an effort .

Is it any wonder that OSSA expect such generous financial backing from their local authorities. :angry:

As long as we have to pour millions(billions?) into that voracious financial black hole called the EEC we can't afford to support UK industry.

Only Germany seems to make an effort .

Is it any wonder that OSSA expect such generous financial backing from their local authorities. :angry:

Oh all of this precedes Brussels prodigious appetite Wayne. It goes back to Thatcher cutting UK industry loose. Sink or swim. Sadly much of it sank before it could adapt.

(actually I was winding up that die-hard Thatcherite AKA AtomAnt).