New Uk Scorpa Importer?

petej

According to this weeks T+MX, Crosswaite's were asked to sign a new contract requiring them to pre-order three times the number of bikes per year than they currently do. They didn't want to commit to that. Anyone know who's brave enough to take it on?

I have only owned a Scorpa for a few monthes but any spares or assistance than I've needed they have been excellent. I wish them well in whatever they do next.

I wonder who will be doing the support at the Scottish for scorpa this year?

I have only owned a Scorpa for a few monthes but any spares or assistance than I've needed they have been excellent. I wish them well in whatever they do next.

I wonder who will be doing the support at the Scottish for scorpa this year?

I have been an owner and like wise parts for my then 2002 sy250 were ready available. The Crosswaite's gave me excellent service and never failed to deliver. The forced quota of bikes thrust upon them is very unfair and Nigel Birkett to take this on is a very brave move.

Some concerns i have for Scorpa, which are indelible linked to this thrust of sale increases: No top riders, No top World indoor/outdoor results.

Good luck to the Crosswaite

Edited by spud

Hope Birks gets his act together regards his website, the guy never replied to any of my emails or even answer the phone when I was after some bits for my old TY...I got fed up of trying and went somewhere else :)

In this weeks TMX, Birkett has indeed been confirmed as the new UK dealer. The article says that Birks is going to create a new company to handle the Scorpa distribution side and still keep his old dealership company.

I think there's more to this story than anyone is prepared to publicly admit. Both Crosswaite and Brirkett have been in the trials business long enough to know what the realistic UK market for the Scorpa is. What makes Birkett think he can shift 3x more bikes per year than Crosswaite? I can't see the 4T Scorpa being that good!

I think as sombody suggested earlier in this thread. Just beacuse one party was asked to take 3X previouse volumes it doesn't mean that the new folks will, their deal may include lower margin/different incentives/longer term contracts/other products/more control by Scorpa FR & a whole bunch of other contractual tricks ....

Is importing trials bikes that sophisticated?

Import is about Government/EU legislation, that won't be complicated then ..... :ph34r:

Contract defines the commercial relationship between two parties. If I had just spent a barrow load of Euros on a new engine design, tooling & assembly line I would be inventing a few Terms & Conditions to try and pay the overdraft !

Must go now, the wife want's her soap box back ...