S.E. Centre goes no-stop

hrc1

I am guessing Mr Telecat is basically referring in his post that every other club in the Yorkshire Centre is crap apart from Yeadon Guiseley. That couldn't be further from the truth. Yorkshire is obviously a fairly prominent trials area but it's not as prominent with top riders as it used to be. Look at the fact that the Lampkins/ Hemingways, Dan Thorpe, Tony Scarlett, Phil Disney etc have been riding years and years and are still winning most centre trials and even nationals. We need the younger riders to learn how to ride proper trials as hopping and flicking about is false. I don't dispute for 1 minute that it's not skillful and I'm very competent at it myself but it's so boring! The trouble I see is if I'm blatantly honest is that no stop is a leveller and you know for a fact that many of the young hoppers will end up sliding down the results!

Love that Trickey...Jonno Richardson is obvioulsy crap as is Rich Sadler...Oh and Browny and Dougie... and Austermuhle!!!! Ha what a load of cobblers Mr Telecat writes!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely there already is a method of determining a stop? If the bike stops moving forward then it's a stop.

Not a pause, or three seconds or ten seconds. A stop is a stop. Be aware of the rule and expect a five if you stop moving forward.

Is it not that simple?

Correct...

Additionally, the statement from the South East Centre says that there will be a method of determining a stop.

This does seem crazy, sounds like the SE Centre have elected to go non stop so that they can break the Non stop rules all over again, surley if they let the hard route stop for seconds the novice route will also argue for the same privilege.

THe ACU lets organisers decide what rules they want to run so lets allow clubs to decide and the riders decide what event they want to ride. one way or another things will stay the same or one set of rules will prosper.

can we stop arguing now (me included) and get out and enjoy yourself on a bike.

its sunday tomorrow, yee ha!

THe ACU lets organisers decide what rules they want to run so lets allow clubs to decide and the riders decide what event they want to ride. one way or another things will stay the same or one set of rules will prosper.

can we stop arguing now (me included) and get out and enjoy yourself on a bike.

its sunday tomorrow, yee ha!

The so called argument used to give this site a bit of charater, good or bad many would log on just to see what had been posted in the last few hours.

Maybe the character that gives people a reason to visit and post to the forum, is what is missing in todays trials events.

The Yorkshire Centre is evenly Split regarding Stop and No Stop. In the case of Yeadon Guiseley the riders determined that the club switched to STOP. The Best riders in the Centre come from clubs riding STOP. The top two clubs competing for the best club in the centre have TSR22A Stop rules. The Yorkshire Centre is NOT a No-Stop area. Yes Ripon and Richmond have Large entries but neither can compete at Centre level as they have fewer of the best riders. In the case of Ripon to be frank they only have one Centre level rider. He is pretty good as well!!!! but not because he rides Ripon trials which apart from the Centre events they hold are basic Beginners and Novice Trials. They do not even have a club championship. What does this say about Trials? Well basically a lot of riders want easy Trials. Well that's fine and I hear a lot about putting a "few" hard setions into S3 Trials and making that the "new" BTC. Again fine, But there arre already two courses on the S3. You put in some harder sections and you WILL get riders whinging about how hard it is and they need a 50/50 and make the easier course easier. All the time the sport gets Easier. Meanwhile the riders who want a "Hard" course are short changed.

The Problem is it is a leisure sport. The Bikes cannot be used sensibly on the road. That limits the numbers. It's the same in all Motorsport except where the cars/bikes are all the same. you have 5-10 people who can win and the rest fighting over the minor placings. They aren't called "Aliens" in Motogp for nothing.

I see Yeadon Guisley are going No-stop next year...

• 12 years later...