S.E. Centre goes no-stop

hrc1

Dabster - I think the thought is no stop would reduce severity or at least remove some of the do or die stuff which is only possible when an inch perfect line can be achieved.

However your probably right in thinking that it ain't going to magically generate any more top quality riders or provide significant more sponsorship money to allow riders to travel round the country or world.

If Bou and co rode no stop they would still be in a class of their own.

Likewise in Britain James/Michael and co would still be able to master sections we lesser mortals could only dream of.

It does though appear to work at S3 level etc where tough sections can be ridden by club-men yet take marks off the top boys.

I guess time will tell

so we go no stop the severity drops and more join in?

so what about the severity drops and more join in, stop permitted?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can actually see that the no stop at centre level makes more sense as waiting around for one or two hoppers is killing the enjoyment of others.Specially on four lappers round a field in southern centres.

I also think the demand that btc taking on long one lappers ie jack wood (and the like) would spoil that trial for the majority as the severity would change,surely?

Cheerio then!!!

I'm sorry but are you aware how many Riders you need for a Trial. Say goodbye to the younger element and you can say "Cheerio" to your club!! You may think Clubs are rich beyond avarice, but organise a trial with 30 - 40 riders and you break even, less and the club haemorrhages cash at an alarming rate. It all depends on the cost of land and officials but the majority of clubs live hand to mouth.

Edited by Telecat

I'm sorry but are you aware how many Riders you need for a Trial. Say goodbye to the younger element and you can say "Cheerio" to your club!! You may think Clubs are rich beyond avarice, but organise a trial with 30 - 40 riders and you break even, less and the club haemorrhages cash at an alarming rate. It all depends on the cost of land and officials but the majority of clubs live hand to mouth.

:agreed: been saying this for ages but nobody seems to listen.

EXACTLY.......... This is the mentality that could ultimately ruin clubs.

Set out for 'no stop' but allow 'stop' SO simple its scary, everyones happy and everyone rides without argument

If its such a great idea, why don't you set out your club's next trial in this manner and let us all know how it works

I can't for the life of me see how you will take any marks off 90% of the field, but I remain open minded and look forward to you reporting back

And your point is? For your information I run our club trials and a National so I am fully aware of what it takes to get a good entry and it has little to do with stop or no-stop rules. There are three main factors that govern the size of an entry: (1) Calendar congestion especially in our centre with more trials per weekend than you can shake a stick at and (2) The trial venue & (3) the reputation of the trial section plotters...

And your point is? For your information I run our club trials and a National so I am fully aware of what it takes to get a good entry and it has little to do with stop or no-stop rules. There are three main factors that govern the size of an entry: (1) Calendar congestion especially in our centre with more trials per weekend than you can shake a stick at and (2) The trial venue & (3) the reputation of the trial section plotters...

Yes, plus other factors outside trials like Fathers Day, Mothers Day, etc

Id of thought time limits would be better choice than no stop. Frankly not being allowed to stop would mean you can only ride over the course toning it down somewhat.... Sometimes with huge sections you needto stop to set yourself up otherwise your just sloppy and it wouldnt be achievable.

As others have said its a step backwards and would see riders being able to do less. Strict time limits force riders to balance stops snd get a move on before the time runsout

It is not so much the stopping but the endless repositioning of the bike in a section that makes stop-allowed trials boring to watch (in my opinion!). Stop-allowed rules allow one skill (sideways hop) to replace a whole set of other (more interesting) skills.

A skillfull no-stop ride through a tricky section can be a thing of beauty, but watching someone hop left and right before firing up a step is dull.

So why not allow stopping but mark a sideways or backwards movement as a fail? This would surely be easier to observe consistently, and would make the course plotters job a bit easier. The same people would still win!