Diego Bosis Senior Rip?

telecat

Heartbroken,

My friend Sonny and I have always jokingly referred to each other as Jordi and Diego. I call Sonny Jordi for his superb throttle control and he calls me Diego for my too liberal use of the loud grip. At one world round Sonny was on the other side of the section trying to get my attention and yelling Diego, diego, DIEGO!!! He didn't realize Diego Bosis was standing in front of me looking across the section to see who the madman was yelling at him.

I remember watching Diego on the wall in Tweed Ontario smoking the tire on his Aprilia at the top. I think only he and Jordi made it up.

I was fortunate to get to hang around at the '89 TdN in Belgium with the US team. After the event the Wickers found a little restaurant and made a group deal with the owner to feed the team. As we're all sitting there waiting to eat the Italian team wandered in and sat down with us. That had to be one of the greatest dinners ever. Through the TdN the Italian fans were honking air horns every time a rider went into a section. As we're sitting there in the restaurant suddenly the sound of an air horn blasts from just outside the restaurant. All the color drained out of the faces of the Italian riders. Renato Chiaberto held up one finger, "Uno momento" and left the table. A second later he reappears, produces the air horn and blows a prolonged blast at Ron Commo's head, puts the air horn down on the table and resumes eating without another word. I thought Diego, Donato and Davide were going to blow a gasket they laughed so hard.

I'll never get used to finding out my heros are mortal. RIP Diego, next time I ride I'll hit something way too hard in your honor.

I am shocked and saddened! I first saw Diego in Watkins Glen at the world round, practising with the rest of us squids from North America. He was riding a Fantic 240, while the rest of the Fantic team were all on new 300's. I will never forget his riding style. Years later at the World Round/TDN in Watkins Glen again, watching as he was the only rider to clean a big climb on that massive Fantic K-Roo. My thoughts go out to his family!

I was in the queue at Town Hall Brae think it was 1984 the rider in front was Diego I beleive his first year (BJ will have the answer), he had some amazing rides all week and was a pleasure to watch. I hasten to add he went up the ''Brae'' (which was like a main road) and removed a marker card! and I have never forgoton that!

Fabulous rider in the 80's and 90's RIP Diego and ride the stairway to heaven...............

Edited by GIZZA5

Can't believe this :(

I have great memories of watching Bosis's flamboyant style in the '80s & '90s.

The fact that he rode like this on those early aprilia's made him even more of a legend in my eyes!

He was my favourite rider, i took the opportunity to accost him for an autograph through the open window of his caravan at the 89 world round, he laughed & signed my programme even though he was only wearing a pair of Y-front underpants at the time!

RIP Diego.

A great loss for our sport. Diego was a true champion.

When he rode the US World Round in 99 at Watkins Glen NY on Montesa he pitted with us. He had sliced a sidewall on his rear tire. He came to me with cash in hand hoping to buy a tire. Can you imagine the humility of such a great champion? I laughed at his money and he looked at me like "crazy American" . Of course we mounted a new tire for him.

23 TdN's

Ciao Diego.

Andy, can we keep this topic pinned. Thanks.

Edited by Martin Belair