Reading Between The Lines

totalshell

A little bit off post but reflecting Cubbys comment it was interesting riding the Victory on Sunday and seeing floating turns etc making a real comeback as the better riders where able to line themselves up on the move rather than the now stop allowed break everything down into a hop and and blast approach.

• Like 4

A little bit off post but reflecting Cubbys comment it was interesting riding the Victory on Sunday and seeing floating turns etc making a real comeback as the better riders where able to line themselves up on the move rather than the now stop allowed break everything down into a hop and and blast approach.

This is what I was referring to in earlier posts. It would be possible with some clever imagination and the knowledge of the skills of modern riders/machines to take this much farther than ever before with no-stop rules making it exciting to ride and watch.

Obviously the course plotters got the Victory spot-on and I know that Ross Danby who won it on the hard route dropping 4 marks, said the flow of the sections was excellent.

Good job :)

Edited by AtomAnt
  • Like 1

Going back to Dabster's post suggesting restricting the bikes wouldn't put any more bums on seats.

Well I would say actually having a seat to put my bum on would be a good thing.

Sitting on a 250F Scorp I have is akin to squatting on a gas stove.(lit)

Edited by Breagh

As some of the "heat" seems to have gone out of this forum ,I.ll risk justifying my idea to make the bikes the championship riders use are truly representative of what I as a buying customer will get.

What is wrong with wanting the bike you buy to be reliable and durable?

What is wrong with wanting the bike the competitors use to be the same as the riders sponsors want me to buy?

What better way to give these simple things a chance of being achieved than to control the bike specification.?

Lord knows how this could be implemented & controlled.

I have always thought that manufacturers and importers used championships to promote the relative merits of their products. I think much of the hyperbola regarding this rider or that is great for stimulating interest but it is not relevant to my decision making process when considering purchasing new bikes.

For me these criteria apply to any championship , I know I'm a bit of a purist but trials even today should represent some sort of testing of the machinery that is sold.

Until next week in Scotland I don't even know who is riding what... I don't really care either.

• Like 2