What To Eat ?

broony

What do you eat during a trial?I am looking for advice on what to eat

during a trial.Pies and buns don't seem to work.At present its a Mars

bar or a couple of bananas and plenty of water,then the same again

when I fuel up the bike.I'm getting on a bit (40 something) and yesterday

got cramp just as I finished a climb through a steep rocky section and bailed

out just after the ends cards(someone told me it was because lack of salt?).

I've heard that oat bars/jelly sweets are good for you as is peanut butter,

what works for you?

cheers the noo Brian

Never eat anything during a trial myself. Occaisionally a drink of water if it's hot but dont find the need. BTW i'm a lot older than 40 something.

Seem to remember being told in another life that bad idea to eat whilst doing strenious sports. OK trials isnt that strenious but apparantly your metabolism isnt set up to process food and exercise at the same time. Cramps are usually down to a build up of lactic acid so remember to relax the muscles before each section and if you have problems then drink lots of water as dehydration doesnt help either.

I find that a decent hangover from the night before is the best way to start,then several cups of tea and a bacon roll to go on with.Yesterday was a bit on the warm side so a quick break for a drink after the second lap was in order.

• Like 1

I pack one of those meal replacement milkshake things, a granola bar and lots of water

I remember a saying, "if you're thirsty, drink water, if you're not thirsty, drink water"

Joint pain, headaches, and lots of other symptoms can come from dehydration, once you get dehydrated it takes hours and hours to rehydrate, you cant just drink a bunch and get over it

Same as food, you need to snack before you get hungry

whats wrong with the 2 greggs pies for sustanance before you start then a steak bake when you refuel to keep you ticking over then a tub of mini doughnuts waiting for you when you finish. all the food groups covered plus your salt intake in 1 carrier bag. sorted.

whats wrong with the 2 greggs pies for sustanance before you start then a steak bake when you refuel to keep you ticking over then a tub of mini doughnuts waiting for you when you finish. all the food groups covered plus your salt intake in 1 carrier bag. sorted.

think you forgot the deep fried mars bar?

as well as tasting great most of that is 20% cheaper as of today ! Result