2002 290 Resoration - New To Trials

bmktw2

Your luckey day! I found you a lightly used inlet rubber today that costs NOTHING! I can prolly put it in a mailer bag for about $3.00. :beer:

My lucky day? Yes!!

It's also my 30th birthday today!

I got the Sherco figured out... Its hard to describe but I will do my best... If you see the picture of my swan neck the pervious owner rigged up, you will notice its actually the factory PWK carb neck with the Delorolo swan neck, cut and wedged down into the PWK neck.

When I took it all apart I noticed this and separated them. The threads were still good on the Delorolo neck so I threaded it into the carb. The only problem was that the cable was too long now because the previous owner had cut it short. So I got the PWK outlet, cut it shorter and wedged it on the front of the delorolo swan neck to give it more length. Worked like a charm. The only problems now is I cannot get the bike to idle down to where I like it. I think the swan neck needs to be shortened a little bit cuz now the cable is acting like its too short.

Either way the gas tank now clears and its much better. I gased it up (first time with new tank) and went for a cruise. It was fun as heck!

Now i'm going to take it apart and grind a bit more off the neck to give me a bit more length on the cable.

....my gas cap also leaks... thats anooying... the rubber gasket inside is ripped...

Copemech, I e-miled you a few days ago... did you ever get it?

My lucky day? Yes!!

It's also my 30th birthday today!

I got the Sherco figured out... Its hard to describe but I will do my best... If you see the picture of my swan neck the pervious owner rigged up, you will notice its actually the factory PWK carb neck with the Delorolo swan neck, cut and wedged down into the PWK neck.

When I took it all apart I noticed this and separated them. The threads were still good on the Delorolo neck so I threaded it into the carb. The only problem was that the cable was too long now because the previous owner had cut it short. So I got the PWK outlet, cut it shorter and wedged it on the front of the delorolo swan neck to give it more length. Worked like a charm. The only problems now is I cannot get the bike to idle down to where I like it. I think the swan neck needs to be shortened a little bit cuz now the cable is acting like its too short.

Either way the gas tank now clears and its much better. I gased it up (first time with new tank) and went for a cruise. It was fun as heck!

Now i'm going to take it apart and grind a bit more off the neck to give me a bit more length on the cable.

....my gas cap also leaks... thats anooying... the rubber gasket inside is ripped...

Copemech, I e-miled you a few days ago... did you ever get it?

Damn, that was your email entitled "HOES" I tossed it in the trash thinking it was just spam! But I recovered it an replied today!

I went for a ride in the national forest today with 3 other friends. One buddy has xr250r, other has KTM200 and the other a drz400. They had never seen a trials bike before. Everyone underestimated it. I was waiting up for them all the time. Here is a picture of me on a trail with some cool hills. I had a blast! I burned 1.5 gas tanks. The Sherco is really good in the trails. My knees are sore from riding all day though... All in all the bike ran flawless and I had TOOONS of fun!

1103121605.jpg?t=1351997431

• 3 weeks later...

1126121458.jpg?t=1353964140

The nuts in my airbox stripped out!

What now? New box?

The plastic of the airbox melts easily, and Brad at RYP has told me in the past that he has had good luck in the past by putting a long screw in the brass insert to use as a holder(with pliars) then heating the insert with a small torch and reinserting it into the hole to get the plastic to re melt around it and hold it securely. He also added it usually works once! Maybe!

I think it would work better with some filler material shavings. Possibly a milk jug?

When you install the regular screws, you just need to snug them, do not get too tight!

I guess another thing would be an epoxy to hold them?

Did you manage to get the hose on to the carb? I have siad in the past, you do not need a clamp on it after that!

Edited by copemech