2002 290 Resoration - New To Trials

bmktw2

Oh and also my carb throttle cable is against the bottom of the fuel tank.... I adjusted the throttle nipple all the way down but its still touching. It needs about a 1/4 inch more clearance to not touch.... I dont want it to pop a hole in my new tank over time. Is there a more aggressive angle nipple like a 90degree would work.... pwk carb

The bead on my front tire is not fully seated. A small section of one side. Its causing my front wire to wobble as it goes down the road. I have heard of some special tubeless bead seaters. Can anyone give me some advice on this matter? Thanks!

Sometimes you can get a front tire that is tight on the bead and it does not want to pop on or it slips off. In this case you may want to consider taking it to the local tire shop where they actually have some proper liquid tire mounting lube which you apply with a swab or brush. Deflate the tube , use the lube liberally then blow up the tube till it pops on fully. You may even want to leave it inflated to 30 or so overnight to insure it takes. I have seen some tough ones, and wd40 and such just won't work on these. There is something abour REAL tire lube that is slick as gorilla snot and it just works!

ps- Zipper is easily confused, he means well! :closedeyes:

Oh and also my carb throttle cable is against the bottom of the fuel tank.... I adjusted the throttle nipple all the way down but its still touching. It needs about a 1/4 inch more clearance to not touch.... I dont want it to pop a hole in my new tank over time. Is there a more aggressive angle nipple like a 90degree would work.... pwk carb

These are an extremely tight fit(cram), and a downside of this carb. I think I recall having to rotate the neck so the cable runs more up the left side frame rail rather than center of tank. I know I had to do that on my '07. Rotate the carb in its mount a bit if needed.

I believe a 90 is available, not tried one.

Edited by copemech

I'm running the adjuster off the original dellorto carb on mine & have no clearance issues with the cable under the tank, you'll find that the correct version for the keihin is listed by splatshop as well. Does your carb have an angled adjuster or does it exit straight upwards?

Biggest issue I've had is that any time you remove the carb that getting the choke to be usable involves leaving everything loose until the carb is twisted far enough for you to be able to operate the choke

I'm running the adjuster off the original dellorto carb on mine & have no clearance issues with the cable under the tank, you'll find that the correct version for the keihin is listed by splatshop as well. Does your carb have an angled adjuster or does it exit straight upwards?

Mine is not straight up. It's got an angle to it, but it seems to need more...Something like a 90 degree facing fowards.

Also... just for note the dellorto carb to airbox hose did not fit the PWK so I'm using the radiator hose still.

Mine is not straight up. It's got an angle to it, but it seems to need more...Something like a 90 degree facing fowards.

Also... just for note the dellorto carb to airbox hose did not fit the PWK so I'm using the radiator hose still.

I had a look on the Splatshop site and they do offer a cable end with a 70 degree bend. I still have the HD inlet hose if you have not ordered the Sherco one.

• 2 weeks later...

1023121140.jpg?t=1351212539

That don't look too good. As you have no original Dellorto carb to take the neck off of and modify, seems you may be better off just ordering the Kiehin neck and the correct length cable.

The hose is cheap, and the only one I have left, like $3.00 and the UPS or USPS costs more than the part. Send me(copemech) an email at verizon.net as I may have a couple other bits you may like and want, as I have recently sold my old bike and got a '12 .

Mark

Thats not the correct cable adjuster, it looks like something pushed into the top of the straight type adjuster that would come standard on most Keihins

006-1-1.jpg

This is what the original Dellorto adjuster looks like fitted to my Oko carb, will look exactly the same fitted to your Keihin. I use the standard cable still & haven't made any modifications to allow me to do so

Splatshop doesn't seem to list the keihin adjuster seperately anymore but do list it fitted to a new top, strangely enough it costs less than the top by itself

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/sherco-carb-top-keihin.html

These are the Dellorto parts you'd need otherwise

http://www.splatshop..._part_code=R237

Sherco airbox joint for Keihin, small end fits to airbox

http://www.splatshop...old-keihin.html

Edited by tony27

Personally I'd get the Dellorto adjuster parts & screw them into your top in place of whats fitted, you should find that the prices will be a bit lower than shown there due to no VAT on exported products. I work out that the parts will cost 7.27gbp & the postage is either 4.47 or 8.76 depending on how quickly you want it delivered

The carb to airbox mount is just a luxury which you can avoid if you take up Cope's offer but it does fit well & makes fitment back onto the airbox after removal a breeze

My only concern so far is your throttle cable & whether or not it's standard or something that has been made up. Measuring my spare cable I get the outer as 950mm long & the inner sticks out 155mm, this will let you know if your cable will fit or if you need to buy another cable

Edited by tony27

I would tend to agree with Tony on this. I am thinking if you get the standard dellorto neck and adjuster along with the Kiehin cable which is slightly longer inner, you will not even have to mod the dellorto neck to accomodate the stock cable.

Not having done this combo in the past, as I have allways modded the Dellorto neck, I believe it will work but you micht message Splat Chris for confirmation.

I am not sure that carb top with neck is the screw on type, as some such as one that came on my OKO are rivited on and just swivel and do not unscrew from the carb top.

And at the cost of that inlet rubber, you will find mine to love you long time!