2002 290 Resoration - New To Trials

bmktw2

Good style in your shot above.

Did you get the tensioner, can't see it fitted in the first 2 photos & the action shot isn't clear enough to make out if there is 1 fitted

Thanks. No tensioner yet...it should be here within a week. I havent been riding much because of that. It will be arriving with my new gastank and fenders.

Woo-Hoooo I just checked with ups and my Sherco parts are going to arive on monday!

Chain tensioner, gas tank, fenders, decals all new stuff from england.,

Also I found this picture on my cellphone of my bike when I first brought it home.

downsize13.jpg?t=1349548703

Do a before and after hehe

Looks good now that you have the tensioner fitted, normally you want have a gap between the pad of the tensioner & the swingarm, a finger width or so is good

Don't think it will be long before you end up with the new guards fitted, a little tip the original sherco importer here in NZ gave me was to run cable ties in place of the screws at the side of the rear guard which allows the guard to pivot up rather than ripping behind the sub frame in a crash. My rear guard lasted until last year using this set up

Edited by tony27

Looks good now that you have the tensioner fitted, normally you want have a gap between the pad of the tensioner & the swingarm, a finger width or so is good

Don't think it will be long before you end up with the new guards fitted, a little tip the original sherco importer here in NZ gave me was to run cable ties in place of the screws at the side of the rear guard which allows the guard to pivot up rather than ripping behind the sub frame in a crash. My rear guard lasted until last year using this set up

Great advice from Tony27, those cable ties (Americaneese= zip ties :hyper: ) have saved me some ££ over many years of panic dis-mounts...as for the chain:-

Two fingers tension for the chrome framed models, one for the black frames, me thinks?

Wayne

Thanks guys, ill look into setting the tension.

Ive been using the zip tie trick. it had them like that when i bought the bike. Ive busted so many zipties since then.

Zippy, thats a Hen!

Edited by bmktw2

Zippy, thats a Hen!

You sure?? Gotta be careful when going out these days. Could look like a hen, scratch like a hen, peck like a hen and still use the urinal!! :o:rotfl: :rotfl:

Bike is looking good, hope you have many many hours of fun on it. Try attending the Fun in The Sun 2 day in 2013, March, April, May sometime in there. I went for the Saturday and had a blast. http://www.floridatrials.net/

The bead on my front tire is not fully seated. A small section of one side. Its causing my front wire to wobble as it goes down the road. I have heard of some special tubeless bead seaters. Can anyone give me some advice on this matter? Thanks!