Drooping Pegs On A Sherco

sherco34

Hi Guys,

The pegs on my sherco 2008 look to be drooping down quite a bit, I took them off and noticed that the holes on the frame where the bolt goes through look to be non-circular. Is this why they are drooping a bit, if so how can I fix this?

Thanks.

Ditto ..weld a run on the inside of the pegs as Glen, above, says..if you don't and carry on riding you may find you have very sore knees in the near future. <_<

Wayne (Auld bloke 45, with the knees of a pensioner)

Wayne, re knees, check out Glucosamine Sulphate 2KC1

• Like 1

Wayne, re knees, check out Glucosamine Sulphate 2KC1

I am using Celebrex...........damn arthritis showed up 11 yrs after an injury.

I have heard Glucosamine has done wonders for some, it did nothing for me. I guess it depends on the knee. I am neither for nor against its use.

My knees start to ache if my day to day shoes get worn down in the heels,stretches out the calf muscles and puts different pressure on my kneecaps I guess, made me think I was getting old,figured i out the cause all by myself,no doctor required,they were trying to drug me :rolleyes: Now they're completely without pain,think I'll go buy them new workboots this weekend for being so nice to me lately :banana2:

Hi Guys,

The pegs on my sherco 2008 look to be drooping down quite a bit, I took them off and noticed that the holes on the frame where the bolt goes through look to be non-circular. Is this why they are drooping a bit, if so how can I fix this?

Thanks.

Quite unusual for the holes in the frame to get worn, normally the holes through the footpegs wear because they pivot on the bolts which don't move.

Your footpegs should be aluminium on a 08 bike from memory, my billet ones have a steel sleeve that are wider than the footpegs that the mounts tighten up against which prevent them crushing onto the sides of the footpegs.

If the holes in the footpegs are worn you can do something similar although a decent set of footpegs aren't that dear

I noticed this on mine a few days ago and funny enough he right is marginally worse than he left. Upon further inspection it's just down to worn holes in the pegs allowing them to sag.

I'm going down the route of a spot of weld on the back simply because there's nothing else wrong with them.

Hi Sherco 34, I have just put the S3 wide pegs on my 07 Sherco. Made a world of difference to riding confidence and fatigue but because they are flat not droopy, feels like I'm standing a fraction higher. I find it easier to get my feet positioned where I want them. Cheers Taff

Hi Sherco 34, I have just put the S3 wide pegs on my 07 Sherco. Made a world of difference to riding confidence and fatigue but because they are flat not droopy, feels like I'm standing a fraction higher. I find it easier to get my feet positioned where I want them. Cheers Taff

Hi 'taffe' which pegs did you use, aluminium or steel? Thanks