Show Your Gas Gas

shercoben12

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Pro200.jpeg

Based on jse comments, sourced the 2002 Pro chassis for the quicker steering and magnesium engine cases.

Complete rebuild of engine top and bottom end. Installed S3 225cc kit, S3 Stars cylinder head with high-compression insert, and GasGas UK flywheel weight. Rebuilt waterpump, and upgraded clutch to 2006+ specs. Replaced AJP clutch master and rebuild clutch slave cylinder. Modified FMF Turbine Core 2 from my GasGas EC300 to replace stock silencer and add spark arrester. Replaced Comex radiator fan and Leonelli module.Removed lighting harness and installed kill switch

Revalved Sachs rear shock (2-stage compression and rebound) and changed spring rate. Installed shock upside-down with 4mm preload. Regreased rear linkage and swingarm pivot.

Installed Formula 'Factory' forks with GasGas anodized Ergal triple clamps. Installed ProTaper Hi bend SE handlebars with ProTaper Medium compound grips.

JT35.jpeg

Completed restoration of 1995 JT35. Put a full set of NOS body work and '2-lens' headlight in storage. Replaced Pirelli Gara Trials with Dunlop D803. Installed Renthal handlebars with Renthal Trials grips. Replaced fork fluids, and coolant. Running Maxima 75W transmission oil.

This JT35 may have an interesting history: if built by Jon Stoodley AKA jse for Steve Darrow for the World Championship. Has cylinder head mods, and Keihin PWK carburetor.

Edited by seavoyage
  • Like 1

interesting 225cc bike seavoyage! liking the mods. may i ask how much the tech forks are? might get some fr mine:) how much of a difference does the high comp head make? get some silcon spray or back to black on your jt35. it will refresh all paint and faded plastics.and makes it look new:)

interesting 225cc bike seavoyage! liking the mods. may i ask how much the tech forks are? might get some fr mine:) how much of a difference does the high comp head make? get some silcon spray or back to black on your jt35. it will refresh all paint and faded plastics.and makes it look new:)

The S3 high-comp makes a bit of difference, and seems fine with California 91 Octane (10% Ethanol). I have a similar set-up on my EC300. The S3 225 kit was well worth the $450 and changes the 173.3cc motor revs up quicker than a 250 (56mm short stroke vs. 60mm). It's simply a 250cc cylinder and head, but much less expensive as a S3 kit than if you sourced the components individually from GasGas. I rode it without the flywheel weight: revs to the moon, but if I wasn't careful on the clutch - stalled. So I made the compromise and installed the flywheel weight to make the bike easier to ride.

The Tech forks: USD $1200 at a 50% discount as the 2013 aluminium tubes forks were just released, These were 2012 excess from the GasGas factory that were installed on the 2012 Raga. I needed the Tech forks to balance the rear revalved shock which is simply amazing. The revalved Sachs rear shock felt better than a Reiger and an Ohlins TXT I tested.(Can't say much more before I start offending the suspension suppliers). I highly recommend a revalve and respring if you can find a competent suspension guru that knows trials The suspension components are much lighter than stock.

The JT35 was built for the World Championships so I keep in factory livery for nostalgic reasons. I just removed and stored the headlight, and a full set of NOS plastic. The JT35 is a much more appropriate machine for trail rides and LDT.

Edited by seavoyage

Pro200.jpeg

Based on jse comments, sourced the 2002 Pro chassis for the quicker steering and magnesium engine cases.

Complete rebuild of engine top and bottom end. Installed S3 225cc kit, S3 Stars cylinder head with high-compression insert, and GasGas UK flywheel weight. Rebuilt waterpump, and upgraded clutch to 2006+ specs. Modified FMF Turbine Core 2 from my GasGas EC300 to replace stock silencer and add spark arrester. Replaced Comex radiator fan and Leonelli module.Removed lighting harness and installed kill switch

Revalved (2-stage compression and rebound) and changed spring rate on Sachs rear shock. Installed shock upside-down with 4mm preload. Regreased rear linkage and swingarm pivot.

Installed Formula 'Factory' forks with GasGas anodized Ergal triple clamps. Installed ProTaper Hi bend SE handlebars with ProTaper Medium compound grips.

JT35.jpeg

Completed restoration of 1995 JT35. Put a full set of NOS body work and '2-lens' headlight in storage. Replaced Pirelli Gara Trials with Dunlop D803. Installed Renthal handlebars with Renthal Trials grips. Replaced fork fluids, and coolant. Running Maxima 75W transmission oil.

This JT35 may have an interesting history: built by Jon Stoodley AKA jse for Stevie Yarrow for the World Championship. Has cylinder head mods, and Keihin PWK carburetor.

Seavoyage,

The GT35 is probably the personal bike I modified for Steve Darrow, U.S. National rider and father of Stevie Darrow, a rider I built a 125 GasGas for to ride at the 2005 World Round at Duluth, Minnesota. I was there with both father and son to lend technical support and the first time I got to see Toni Bou in person. I could tell he had potential, but didn't have a clue how much! It was a great event, nice and wet. Wet enough to wash several riders off their bikes and they had to close several sections as impassable.

Nice work on the bikes!

Jon

The S3 high-comp makes a bit of difference, and seems fine with California 91 Octane (10% Ethanol). I have a simmilar set-up on my EC300. The S3 225 kit was well worth the $450

Ehh..WOW! Where do you get the 225 cc kit at $450,- :irish: