Tennis E

ringo

Airline ticket, check

Hawaiian shirt, check

10 year old press bib...... Hey Ahlers, I'm going to need my press bib back...

Of course I don't really need it as I'm actually a legitimate journalist now [don't spill your coffee on your laptop laughing Ishy] but it just wouldn't be a World Round without it.

Who's going to be riding in Tennis E in the new Guest Class? It looks like anyone can who pays the entry fee.

From TTC site:

New for 2013 is a 5th class called “Guest”. The Guest Class will allow for a greater number of American riders to participate in the Trial World Championship. This 5th class requires the rider to be on a 125cc bike (or larger, per request) and ride the green line. This will allow riders who are not looking for World Championship points to compete with their international peers.

So now if you would like to participate in the “Guest Class” You can send the FIM a request to ride larger than a 125 CC bike!

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/blog/post/3629/

Airline ticket, check

Hawaiian shirt, check

10 year old press bib...... Hey Ahlers, I'm going to need my press bib back...

Of course I don't really need it as I'm actually a legitimate journalist now [don't spill your coffee on your laptop laughing Ishy] but it just wouldn't be a World Round without it.

Leave the Hawaiian shirt at home..........that's what got you in trouble in the first place

Who's going to be riding in Tennis E in the new Guest Class? It looks like anyone can who pays the entry fee.

From TTC site:

New for 2013 is a 5th class called “Guest”. The Guest Class will allow for a greater number of American riders to participate in the Trial World Championship. This 5th class requires the rider to be on a 125cc bike (or larger, per request) and ride the green line. This will allow riders who are not looking for World Championship points to compete with their international peers.

So now if you would like to participate in the “Guest Class” You can send the FIM a request to ride larger than a 125 CC bike!

http://trialstrainin...blog/post/3629/

Able to ride a larger than 125cc bike is for the better.

I am glad to hear that is a possibility.

My reasoning is this.

Most people that will ride the guest class are "club" level riders that already have a bike and generally over 125cc. These riders are going for the "Once in a lifetime opportunity" of riding in a World Round and don't have the resources to purchase/rent a 125cc bike or have one available to borrow. Also these riders will not be familiar with how to ride a 125cc (yes way different than bigger bore bikes) and this may get them into trouble in the section and potentially cause injury.

In My Opinion it is a good decision to have the option of at least requesting being allowed a bigger bore bike that would basically be that riders "normal trials bike" that they ride.

Hopefully the FIM honors these requests. (I know under 18yrs old have specific rules about engine size and the FIM will be taking that into consideration. But for the adults: Let em ride whatcha brung)

aka you must be on a 125 or larger ... I just read all the info and forms / fee's and not sure if I can fit the extra $$$ into my vacation budget ...But you only live once and me and the kids can live on top ramen and veggies for a few days .... They'll understand !!!. And maybe I should live by Stirlings quote for a few days .

Edited by axulsuv

So no RESPONSE!!!!

OK I made it to the hard lines when I was a kid , stopped riding trials around '75 , got back on a trials bike in 05 , and can't do the things I did when I was young , but still ride the int. line and have fun without stress ... 53 yrs young and wonder if I should try , or just have fun with the ITSA Crew at our fun trial on Friday and bike show , then watch the event , or observe or what ever ...

Glenn

Maybe I should call Charlie (whom I've rode with a few times ) and ask what he thinks and or is laying out ..

Mental dilemma...?!?!$$**!!

Glenn, save your money! Buy more beer!

Best I recall back in the year we combined the NATC event with the WTC event, the top US experts rode the green line with the WTC youth and pretty much got their asses handed to them. The Pro class rode the blue line, and with only minor exception of Smage and possibly Webb, same thing happened.

I believe that reguardless of all this non-stop stuff, if you can't hop, well, on the fly(now) you are done.

When I see Ray Peters not having a fun day, well?

Glenn, save your money! Buy more beer!

Best I recall back in the year we combined the NATC event with the WTC event, the top US experts rode the green line with the WTC youth and pretty much got their asses handed to them. The Pro class rode the blue line, and with only minor exception of Smage and possibly Webb, same thing happened.

I believe that reguardless of all this non-stop stuff, if you can't hop, well, on the fly(now) you are done.

When I see Ray Peters not having a fun day, well?

Nothing against Ray, he's a great rider, but I also recall him struggling where the 125 riders seemed to be cruising thru.

Well do to my 16 !/2 year olds new ninja 300 and the associated 40mph in 25 mph residential zone !%$$##!! speeding ticket on MY NEW BIKE ... I think my projected budget has eliminated my entering options ... I think I will work a section with one of my STRA buddies instead , and play in the ITSA trials on Friday ... And put my 240 in our bike show tent ?

Man I hate being old and broke ...!

Glenn :)