46 Years Ago Today .......

b40rt

There are some great ones..

If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You.

If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me.

I'm So Miserable Without You; It's Like Having You Here.

My John Deere Was Breaking Your Field, While Your Dear John Was Breaking My Heart

She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger

I'll Get Over You As Soon As You Get Out From Under Him

and the best ever...

• Like 1

Signed in blood ?

But who's blood ?

Lance makes an appearance at 4.12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb7J0p3BpSY

At 1:10,old geezer in a bikini bottom reminds me of a Corfu holiday where a couple of exhibitionist, pensioner pervs walked hand-in-hand down the beach wearing matching, inappropriate, PVC thongs with a fine chain going from the contents of one pair of panties to the other :o . My mates dared me to (accidentally) run between them...oucha!

I guess age is in the mind. We need to cheer Ham up a bit.

If you can still do this when you get old, you are doing good. Call it country or whatever, bluegrass is folk art loved by many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLuwhI-PBxY

And you know you are getting there when you start remembering when!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnM99Z6QGZ8

Edited by copemech

Memory lane time again; I recall being in the States talking to the natives about Bluegrass (Oh Brother ,Where Art Thou...the film?) and I was told the American term for it: ''Round here that's called '5h|t-kickin' music, boy''. :lol:

I guess age is in the mind. We need to cheer Ham up a bit.

If you can still do this when you get old, you are doing good. Call it country or whatever, bluegrass is folk art loved by many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLuwhI-PBxY

Not exactly my "Cup O Tea" musically, But them old boys sure can play!

Edited by zippy

I still like listening to Radio! I do not need XM or Sat, I just listen as I go along. On long trips this can be a cultural journey. I consider an MP3 player a last resort in the absense of outside signals from humanity as I do not like having to supply my own music. That would actually indicate that I chose something!

Variety is the spice of life, and I suppose I have a wide spectrum tolerance, growing up in the 1960's, rock was taking off, but I had already been exposed to Big Band and Swing that my parents liked, add Sinatra and such. Country and Western was and is the standard in the South, soo a lot of that as well, yet they were not into it..

I had this transistor radio when I was a kid of 10 or so, and there was this "outlaw" rock and roll station that I found on the dial. That was about '67-'68. There was a lot of cool(odd) music going on back then on AM radio! I was hooked!

Edited by copemech
  • Like 1

Happy days Wayne , And Cope as we are about the same age , I used to listen to a radio station that played stairway to heaven every night at ten ...I'll never forget my first tape player and the beatles tape I wore out !

• Like 1

Happy days Wayne , And Cope as we are about the same age , I used to listen to a radio station that played stairway to heaven every night at ten ...I'll never forget my first tape player and the beatles tape I wore out !

Glenn,

I would guess I was allways a Beatles fan! Although actually getting to hear them was rare!

I think I have told the story before, but my earliest recallection was seeing them on the Ed Sullivan Show, must have been in 1963 as I have looked up.

There were twin size beds in my room, and a small B/W tv. I remember bouncing from bed to bed rocking with the Beatles, figure me 5yo at the time. I must have seen the promo ads for the event, snuck upstairs and turned it on, cause no one knew!

I think my first records were the Monkeys(when was that TV show), then possibly Jackson 5, and then Beatles Abby Road. I may still have them.

As I started breathing in Nov. of 60 , I have a faint recollection of my dad getting us boys to sit still and watch the Ed Sullivan show with him ...

And there was always music on in our house , Dad had a big 'ole stereo in his photo studio , Everything but opera was listened to . I remember alot of chicago's earlier stuff real good ...

:hyper: :beer: 'Stairway to Heaven' is my posse's code for totty with a short skirt and long legs. You tip-off the others in your group by saying the line '..ooh and it makes me wonder..

P.S. It doesn't translate well in text..You had to be there :closedeyes:

• Like 1