Possibly The Sh@#test Gearbox Design Ever?!

shercoben12

Ben, the design is actually very clever. This is why it is patented. But it is built for a trials bike and components are slimmed down to the minimum that the spec' will permit. Because of this you have to treat the 'box with some delicacy if you're a weekend rider. Booting it into gear won't cut the mustard. It's ok of you're a factory supported rider who gets a new bike every few months and you pass the problem on to some poor unsuspecting soul.

Fix it properly or get it fixed properly NOW and treat it with caution in future and you shouldn't have any more problems.

B40: I don't think you can really compare the Rotax g/box to the Gassers. They were agricultural at the time and they're bloody stone-aged now (but reliable :D )

Edited by toofasttim
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sure wish you would grow up a little, the way you post your topics is absolutely sh*ty and disrespectful.

My point is you are Freaking almost a TROLL, I mean it. Unless I was trying to be a TROLL, I would hardly dare to get onto the "iPhone" forums and tell them what junk crapy things they are, and would probably be banned for daring to post topics you have...

Yet you come here not only for help, but then say crap like that??? GO GET YOUR FRIGGN Sherco already.

• Like 1

Sure wish you would grow up a little, the way you post your topics is absolutely sh*ty and disrespectful.

My point is you are Freaking almost a TROLL, I mean it. Unless I was trying to be a TROLL, I would hardly dare to get onto the "iPhone" forums and tell them what junk crapy things they are, and would probably be banned for daring to post topics you have...

Yet you come here not only for help, but then say crap like that??? GO GET YOUR FRIGGN Sherco already.

Give the lad a break. "Grow up" he is only thirteen so I am sure he will.

Ben. Maybe you should think a bit before you start a post in frustration, there are some very sensitive people around here.

Are you saying that you fixed the problem for £6 ??

TLTEL

Maybe you could start practicing what you preach?

He’s 13 what’s your excuse?

• Like 1

yes i did fix the problem for £6 or near that - it was a split bearing that had collapsed!

Ben,

Be sure to very carefully inspect the gear set and shaft end where the split bearing rides. Those parts have the inner and outer "race" for the needles to roll on, so if those surfaces are damaged, you might run the risk of premature bearing failure for the new parts.

Hopefully you've caught them early and will be o.k. This is the reason a rider shouldn't continue to use the transmission if a bearing failure is suspected as further damage will mean that not only the bearing has to be replaced, but both the gear cluster and shaft.

Cheers.

Jon