Raga 2013 Main Bearings!

shercoben12

Ben, be careful when throwing around aspersions like that. Trials in a small market and you can cost the importers a whole heap of money and find yourself in big trouble. I appreciate you mean well but, unless you are absolutely 100% sure of your facts, it is best to keep them to yourself and not spread them around the internet.

As an aside, your posts are a pleasure to read considering your age. You have restored my faith in the education system ;)

Edited by toofasttim
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just to let anyone know - if your thinking off buying a 2013 factory rep raga DONT! they have come with a dodgy batch of main bearings! 5-6 have been recalled in the uk!

Just to let you all know, we at GGUK have had 3 Replica's out of 75 sold with main bearing problems, not 5-6 as above, there is no re-call as shercoben12 states, all have been done under warranty conditions within 2 days.....!

You are quite right toofasttim, be very careful Ben with your statements as with the internet its a very small world....

• Like 3

Just to let you all know, we at GGUK have had 3 Replica's out of 75 sold with main bearing problems, not 5-6 as above, there is no re-call as shercoben12 states, all have been done under warranty conditions within 2 days.....!

You are quite right toofasttim, be very careful Ben with your statements as with the internet its a very small world....

I tip my hat to you for being honest that 3 have had problems. I tip my hat again to the fine service provided to have them repaired.

• Like 2

Good to hear problems being faced head on. Ben probably to young to be sued, Andy however .........

• Like 1

Would be nice to know what was the actual problem, I see you could fail to align the oil galley to holes, or was it bad MFG parts or bad something else... I mean obviously gasgas doesn't make the bearings, they buy them...

Would be nice to know what was the actual problem, I see you could fail to align the oil galley to holes, or was it bad MFG parts or bad something else... I mean obviously gasgas doesn't make the bearings, they buy them...

Even if GasGas does Spec the bearings does not mean a batch may not have been made a little off spec and not noticed before shipping to GasGas.

Hell, for an example (and frustration) just look at the auto industry and the numerous bad parts they receive/sell straight from new.

Sorry GGUK! I didnt mean to cause this... That was just what a frie d told me and he knows alot about the trials scene. Line away - the rebuild went smooth nice and cheep also! Was just a collapsed bearing.... Hardest part was getting the swing arm spindle out!