Montesa 260 In Production

jj65

Here's proof there brand new bikes (not the rumored hundreds sat in a warehouse since 2009) in production, looking forward :0).

http://www.trial-club.com/webzine-trial/actualites/infos-internationales/news/article/nouvelles-montesa-en-production/

This also shows the massive differences in prices for the new bikes in different countries, with Spain being the cheapest by a long way :0(

post-14348-0-47605500-1380922258_thumb.jpg

Edited by jj65

Jj65

thanks for the photo. That's the photo I wasnt allowed to take when I was there in April. Honda are really changing their tune and being far more open than they have ever been before .

Did you take the photo or was it from w site or magazine ??

Did people really think Honda were selling old stock bikes ?

Jj65

thanks for the photo. That's the photo I wasnt allowed to take when I was there in April. Honda are really changing their tune and being far more open than they have ever been before .

Did you take the photo or was it from w site or magazine ??

Did people really think Honda were selling old stock bikes ?

Honda UK, are far from being open with info etc, (it's almost like they don't want to sell them, if you ask me) it'll be interesting to see if they bother turning up with bikes for the BVM test day.

It isn't a photo I took, I believe it's one honda have released.(probably to dispel the rumors)

There were lots of rumors that Honda had hundreds of unsold bikes, mainly spread by the uneducated ;0)

I believe, (but I maybe wrong) that the UK bikes are comming without the road kit.

Can't wait to get mine, sometime soon, I hope :0)

Edited by jj65

and its not a repsol light at all!

The rumours of surplas bikes was true a few years ago, I don't think anyone has said a 260 could be anything but new.

It's not a repsol headlight because it's the road kit, which 99% of owners remove, along with the speedo and the rest of the road kit. The repsol gets a headlight that's in the race rep kit.

I have heard it said several times about the new bike being old bikes with new parts.

Aren't there a few HRC 260 kits that need using up

:)

From what I believe, there was only about 60 HRC 260's, so I'd imagine they would of all been sold, as it was a Japan only model. Although Josep Banyeres did have some for sale.

Edited by shedracer