Jotagas 2014 Mods

shercoben12

It's arrived and I have fitted it. The Seal cap for the old breather is a tight fit but it's in and secure. The Filler plug is a 13mm spanner and a length of tube was supplied. First run out looks promising I will be changing the oil this week and we'll see if it blows.

Telecat...How did you cancel the old breather nipple...??

Edited by ilovetrials

It's just a case of pulling it out using pliers and tapping in the supplied "plug" to the old hole. The New Filler screw cap is a lot more sophisticated than just a cap with a hole and you need a 13 mm spanner rather than an Allen key. I will post a few photos when I change the oil this week. I haven't seen any oil in the new pipe thus far.

It's just a case of pulling it out using pliers and tapping in the supplied "plug" to the old hole. The New Filler screw cap is a lot more sophisticated than just a cap with a hole and you need a 13 mm spanner rather than an Allen key. I will post a few photos when I change the oil this week. I haven't seen any oil in the new pipe thus far.

Telecat... what kind of tap do you need to tap that hole (measurement in mm) ?, Is it supplied with this cap..?

Does the old nipple has any kind of screw groove in it, or just pull it out with force in order to remove this old nipple...?

Please enlighten us, cause I´m a little nervous dealing with this delicate procedure of removing and retapping the engine case....

Edited by ilovetrials

The Old Breather came out just by pulling with Pliers. I then gently tapped in the cap. The instructions recommend a bit of glue on it but it is a tight fit. You will need a short bar of some kind unless you have a small hammer/Mallet. It does go in just don't be impatient.

• Like 1

The Old Breather came out just by pulling with Pliers. I then gently tapped in the cap. The instructions recommend a bit of glue on it but it is a tight fit. You will need a short bar of some kind unless you have a small hammer/Mallet. It does go in just don't be impatient.

got you...!! Easier than I thought

thanks for your insight...!

Edited by ilovetrials

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted the German trialparts oil cap yesterday... Best mod I have done so far...! No oil spill anymore..

400 cc of ATF oil inside, none of a spill yesterday riding non stop for 4 hrs...!!

Highly recommended for all JTG users..!!

Edited by ilovetrials

• 1 month later...

Shortened the fuel line to the carby on my 2014 JT250. My fuel line looped up from the exit from the tap and then down to the carby. Having had a face plant fall off and had the bike on its side with a kink in the throttle cable and magnetic lanyard still attached, it had a sustained rev (but not wide open throttle) - the bike stopped itself by a hot seize ?. Seemed a very odd and expensive seize, but wondered whether it got fuel starved while revving because of difficult routing of the fuel line not feeding under gravity. I will try my best not to repeat the exercise so hopefully will never know whether the loopy fuel line could have contributed. But now having cut about 20mm off, the fuel line runs direct to the carby inlet banjo. Just a thought, maybe check your's to see whether it runs direct or goes in a loop upwards from the tap and then down to carby.

Edited by peterh

• 1 month later...

Interesting. I was thinking of a braided fuel line but we haven't hit the problem.

NEW MOD ALERT. The Ohlins was catching a little putting a "shock" into the frame as the suspension unloaded, (rear wheel in the air). Talked to the Ohlins guy and had the spring set so it is about 120mm in length when the bike is "resting" without a rider. Also a small amount was ground from the middle of the two fingers that run under the bottom of the shock.No more "twang"!! I'll get a pic this weekend

• 2 months later...

Improved turning circle this weekend in my 2014 JT250 by using a Dremel tool to take 3.5mm out of the frame area where the stops on the triple clamp abut. Decided this was a better idea than cutting off the stops. Also faced the triple clamp stops up so that there was full face contact with the modded frame stops. Made a nice difference in tight turns - saves me getting the fives when my feeble attempts at hopping the back wheel around fail.

• 2 months later...