Michelin X11 Tyre - Directional?

hoggyf

I suppose it depends how good you are at finding grip in the first place !!!

I would always turn mine - Maybe ask Robin Oliphant if they put different rubber on one side of the nobbles !!!!!

Plus - I've been stuffed by people who have well knackered back tyres !!!!!

Cheers

The Wobbler

To be fair I can't see that its going to make to my riding either way, but you've got to try these things.

:D Again I can't see that the knobbles have different compounds or degrees of bend on either side but it does have a direction arrow!!

My answer was slightly tongue in cheek - just turn it - if you notice a difference report back !!!!

if not keep quiet and say you did !!!!

secondly - get some tyre levers and change it yourself - It's a good experience !!!

Cheers

The wobbler

I think we all turn tyres unless you get them for free but what beats me is why none of the bike designers have used hubs that can have the sprocket and disc swapped round so the wheel can be used in both directions.

Makes perfect sense to me.

:madnoel: No doubt i`m going to be told that you already can on some bikes.

Being radial tires , there could be a separation issue if used consistently at high speeds and building up alot of heat in the tire , But I really can't see that affecting trials tires at the speeds we generally drive our bikes at ...

Glenn

might be an issue if you was involved in a crash on the road, especially with tyre failure, but as above who is doing that amount of road work with them ???

it would probably be an issue with the tyre fitter's insurance unless he added a disclaimer to the bill so he had paperwork to cover his a***