Hard River Run, Canadian Arctic

40belowbiker

We found this river during a snowmobile trip 2 years ago and it looked like a good challenge for my bike so I went home, studded up my GasGas 250 and towed it back the 120 kilometres a couple of weeks later for a run.

post-14033-0-26116900-1389370872_thumb.jpg

When I told my brother what I was going to do and showed him the pictures of the river he said "You're going to need a GasGasGas to get up that!!!"

• Like 2

Very cool!! I,ve seen how tubed tires are set up for ice racing with an old cut down tire as a liner,but how do you stud a tubeless tire? Do you just put the screws in and go?

Thanks for the clip.

Hi Scot, I used to ice race and used street tire liners as you mentioned, but that would be too stiff for trials traction. I tried short ice racing screws, that didn't poke right through the tire, but the tire didn't last an hour, ripped lots of knobs off. Then I used longer screws that stick through about 1/4". The trials tire is so soft and the pressure so low that only a couple of screws leaked air, and a shot of tire sealant cured that, and I've put tons of miles on the tires and haven't lost a knob. I think the longer screws going into the carcass of the tire actually help hold the knobs on.