Is It Me?

jonboy883

Is it me?

I, like many of us, like to browse on e.bay to see what bikes are on there and what people are paying.....

My question is however, do you like me, read some of the descriptions and enter a mild rant state!

Comments like "scrambler", "never raced", "not for the faint hearted" and my favourite "very fast" in relation to any trials bike, never seem right.

Is it me, have I turned into my father, or has Victor Meldrew moved into my mind...

That said, when people say, not taxed and MOT'd about trail bikes as they've only been used on green lanes, has the same effect.

Perhaps I should just chill, and ride more.......mind you I can only get 120mph from my TXT Pro 280!!!!!!!

Edited by jonboy883

For Sale:

My much loved Trail bike is now for sale.

GasGas TXT Pro. 280

Raced constantly.

Never garaged.

Maintained using only an adjustable crescent.

As seen on YouTube "how to Jap Zap in Dorset".

M25 record holder.

No time wasters.

Serious offers only please.

• Like 4

"One careful owner" is always a good one. It may even be true but says nothing of the half dozen slackers whose hands it's

been through, whose "maintenance" comprises of power-washing the grease from the bearings and parking it up to rust at the

back of the garage.

I pretty much ignore what the ad says,if its bike I'm after I just assume its going to need work and make an offer based on what I can see.What some folk regard as being "Fully rebuilt" is worlds apart from what the actual bike is like.

LOL, I sold my 17 year old Beta and the guy flipped out and wanted his money back cuz the kick start slips the ratchet every once in a while, always started for me, he is a dirt bike guy and I'm guessing was jumping up and down on it or something

I took it back and told him used trials bikes are not for him

He drove 300km to return the bike with a 1 ton diesel truck rather than take my offer of paying for the parts to fix whatever was slipping