How Often Do You Clean Your Air Filter?

southwester

Had a little search and can't see a thread on the subject.

When I first got the bike I did it after every ride now the novelty has worn off I haven't done it for the last 4.

Where I ride isn't dusty or isn't at the moment and probably won't be even when hard packed.

I use the straight liquid rather than the spray as it seems to be tackier and less wasteful.

So how often do you do it if it isn't to personal.

And if this questions not but the answer might be you've watched a certain western film as many times as me! If you get me!

i clean mine after every two rides, hot water with washing up powder in it first and let it dry and then i use the spray but as soon as the can is empty i will start using the liquid, the spray can does seem very wasteful.

Hi

My opinion only. I work on approximate hours. I clean every 6 hours. After every event or once a week if I train a hour a day. Its harder to work in rides as some rides are longer than others and some rides are dustier than others. I find it easier to work in hours and I dont think its critical if you are out by a hour or two. Just the way that works for me.

Every time I ride. Which is practice or an event once a week.

Keep a clean oiled spare, exchange then wash and prepare used one.

Engines are too expensive to recondition compared to the effort to change a filter.

• Like 2

I agree with keeping a airfilter clean and I do so however most sound as if they spend more time cleaning their airfilter than riding?

Within reason, clean when its dirty. A hours worth of training does not warrant a filter clean. I would be cleaning my filter every day if that was the case, hence my reason for working in riding hours (6- a events worth).

• Like 1