Shaun Morris

t-shock 250

There is an age old saying...'Fly with the crows, get shot with the crows' Fake goods selling = dishonest and a custodial sentence will surely follow.

These retailers/manufacturing companies take their brands, image and trade marks seriously.

Big John

I gotta say that the sentence was very harsh for effectively selling products that the people buying them know are not genuine ( because of the price)! .... and who has suffered exactly? The BIG companies may be down a fraction of a percent on their revenue and the shareholders will be very unhappy ! and this warrants a 14 month sentence ? This world has it all wrong. It values money before other things it should value a lot more! :wall:

Edited by atomant
  • Like 1

Atom, point taken, maybe not a lot of lost revenue to large companies but they were branded goods as 'Timberlake' and 'Ugg' if they had been called something else and looked similar, fine, the goods don't speak for themselves not when these branded names are plastered all over them! Misrepresentation. As I said, fly with crows....

Big John

Yes what he was doing was technically illegal, but there are loads of people on Ebay doing something similar and a 14 month sentence for selling copy products is harsh. There are so many examples of this but here is one I just found , A guy is 6 times over the limit for drink driving and walks free from court with a ban and a fine.

The thing is, because this offence involves a potential loss of money to a large company, the legal system puts more weight behind it.... because the REAL crows (the big companies) are stealing greedy *******s

Here is another one more relevant ! http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/local/northyorkshire/11393470.Woman_who_banked_thousands_from_handbag_parties_sold_counterfeit_goods/

Edited by atomant

Life is full of injustice unfortunately, those with money are able to influence what shouldn't be influenced

The loathsome Bernie Ecclestone - wipes out his charges of bribery and walks free courtesy of a nice large payment. The man he bribed was sentenced for accepting the bribe that Ecclestone orchestrated and paid.

I gotta say that the sentence was very harsh for effectively selling products that the people buying them know are not genuine ( because of the price)! .... and who has suffered exactly? The BIG companies may be down a fraction of a percent on their revenue and the shareholders will be very unhappy ! and this warrants a 14 month sentence ? This world has it all wrong. It values money before other things it should value a lot more! :wall:

Those that will have suffered most are the exploited sweat shop labour making these counterfeit goods in horrific conditions. Do you remember the Rana Plaza factory collapse last year? Over1,000 workers lost their lives.

Those that will have suffered most are the exploited sweat shop labour making these counterfeit goods in horrific conditions. Do you remember the Rana Plaza factory collapse last year? Over1,000 workers lost their lives.

And those who benefit most is organized crime. It's not as innocent as it seems.

• Like 1

My point would be that a lad good enough to ride at WTC level and British Champion (I think) couldn't make a decent living and had to resort to this.

It's a fact of life that very few people can make a living from trials. Shaun was a good rider, his eye injury in the workshop was very unfortunate, but he did not HAVE to do this, he CHOSE to.

• Like 2

Criminal record now! No getty into Australia now!

What I don't get is... he could run a business from bedroom, reading comp screen, posting and packaging products in reasonably large boxes...

And you can't ride a trials bike or sustain some sort of job? Or both?

My wife paid a $100 an hour to get lessons from a trials champion. She had these to see if she liked trials before we purchased a bike. Best $300 ever spent.

Mags