This Where I'm At With Slow Circles!

mags

I'm practicing a few days a week at home to supplement the rides on weekends. Here is a snippet of todays practice.

I hope it works? I have used the Gopro studio for first time and had to open a youtube account and this is my first ever video on the net.

Mags

Edited by andy
  • Like 1

A question.... how do you guys embed the vids so they show as a video to click on instead of a link to click on? Thanks

Copy and paste the URL from the browser address bar, not the "Share" link

nice work mags, excellent balance! i'm not sure if this is a valid technique but works for me... i tend to just use the rear brake mostly for full lock turns, it's way less grabby and less likely to throw me off balance. be good to hear if this is a good thing or not from the more experienced....?

hey if you get along to one of our club days i'll film you heaps with your own camera just following you around if you like. it's great for analysis paralysis of your riding after the event, hehe!

Doing great bud, maybe try leaning the bike into the turn more ( a lot more ) and only use the rear brake if at all.

It looks like your use of the front brake mixed with up rite position is making it more awkward than it needs to be.

I find that if you bend at the knees a lot more then rest the machine on the inside of your calf with the steering on full lock and look where you want to go instead of at the front wheel it will come and feel very natural and in my opinion easy.

Practice practice practice.

Nice machine by the way. :D:D

Looks like you are fighting your stance a bit. You should not just fall over in the turn as you are doing. Get the outside knee out and rotate the hips more in the direction you are going. Keep at it till it comes natural. Video is a great tool.

• Like 1

Others have given good tips. Try to keep your shoulders parallel with the bars when you turn. This will cause you to stick your butt out over the outside of the turn more, which will help with the counterbalance when leaning the bike.

Your balance is already pretty good. Loosen up, bend the knees and relax.

I am waiting for the video of you jumping up onto that rock wall on the left!

hi, what skill level class do you compete in? if your not doing a lot of trick riding stuff then i think your handle bars are to far forward and it's affecting your turning. your head needs to be over the front more and it seems your back kind of far with your butt. more weight on the bars equals more traction in the loose stuff. try turning without stopping at a slower speed no clutch and no brakes. that will help with body position. inside leg and inside arm should be straighter and outside leg / arm bent more.

keep practicing, good luck

rob

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Ok! I need to cover rear brake more and use in turns more. I do use it in turns downhill.

Lean the bike more, bend knees more, look where you want to go not where you are going.

Outside knee out and rotate hips.

Shoulders as parallel as possible with bars. Relax.

Head over the bars, butt more forward. Inside leg and arm straighter.

Move bars back a little. ( I set the bars ends at the highest point (12 o clock) in rotating them forward backward.

Sherconoob,

We have got to get to WDTC non-comp day!

TAF,

One day I WILL scale that wall! Hehehehehe

Rob214,

I've only been riding trials since Jan this year and have only been in one comp, last March, Beginner class. Failed dismally (18 sections only and three falls) We just ride our trials bikes together (wife and I) as a hobby but want to move into comps when we are both experienced enough to be relatively safe.

I do ride an enduro as well (hobby riding not competition) and ride a big road bike daily. Never not had a bike in the shed for 43 yrs straight.

One thing we do like a trial expert... when out there... we have a absolute ball!!!

Thanks everyone!

Mags

• Like 1

Try turning your head enough so you can stare at your rear fender. I know it sounds strange but when I am looking at my rear fender (in tight turns) I find it makes a HUGE difference I would be very interested in you giving it a try and letting me know if it works for you as well or if I am just fooling myself.

Mags

Please provide this info:

The bike info:

Place the bike on a stand (not on the side stand). Take a close up picture of the bars from the side view. We want to get a idea of how you have the bar rotation set up relative to the ground/triple tree.

What gearing do you have, front and rear.

Tell us about you! Height, weight etc.

Do you have long skinny arms, short and stubby arms? Do you have long skinny legs or short stubby legs?

Once I/we have this info we can then advise. :icon_salut:

Edited by billyt

ShercoNoob,

Done the backflip off wall! Oh wait, you mean on the Cota? Yeah... did it in a dream the other night!! Hehehehe

Credit card for Billy huh? If he does a trials comp in Oz I'll pay for his section fuel!! Is he Rum, Scotch or Gin powered?

Mags

Billy,

Height 178cm, 5Ft 10"

Weight 88kg or 194 lbs

Inside leg 33 inches, arm length 30 inches to finger tip so probably average length in both?

Penis length, only very average but never had a complaint? 100% satisfaction for me every time I use it!

Gearing was stock at 10-41 but now changed to 10-43.

And some pics...

Mags

post-20008-0-68606800-1409535776_thumb.jpg

post-20008-0-51631300-1409535799_thumb.jpg