All Change?

nigel dabster

With TMX saying that Freixa goes to Scorpa next year, that leaves Doug and Fuji at HRC mont. Now bit hypothetical I know but, big but, if you wanted to get the WTC championship back (assumes Raga wins aswell!) would you want the above mentioned or would the departure of one of DL or Fuji give funds to have say Bou and Fajardo for example. Again if doug goes where would he go to?

Then theres Caby at Sherco he's done well and would a Fajardo or bou move be a good thing?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with Fuji and Raga at their respective No.1 positions, Dougie is still the biggest thing in trials.

I reckon he's got 3 good years before even showing signs of fading. What I'm saying is, I don't think he's really faded at all. The 4 stroke factor has slowed him up a bit, but I reckon he's still right up there.

I can't see Honda wanting to give him up. I can't see them letting their world champ go either. The sort of money that they command isn't going to cripple Honda. If Freixa's on his way then a new baby recruit to the Honda fold could be on the cards. Who would turn down a chance of riding for Honda?

If Dougie left Honda, surely he'd go back to JLI? Dunno. I bet he'd love to knock Honda or GasGas off top spot with team Lampkin.

Can't see Caby moving yet, but he's going to have to go where the money is I suppose.

Doesn't Doug have another year on his contract?

Nope. Doug's contract is up for renewal this year.

PS. Dabster - the Freixa/Scorpa thing was first mentioned, albeit off-the-record, on this site on 10th July. Just remember, around this time last year we had a good source that said Raga was signing for Montesa. We announced it as it was a good source that I had no reason to doubt. TMX jumped on the bandwagon. It turned out not to be true. That's why I don't speculate. When the papers are signed and it's announced, only then is it fact.

I still see this as Raga's one and only chance to take an outdoor title. Can see him dominate the indoors for a while, but a bad year for the Montesa boys and Fajardo's injury has pretty much given him the title.

If Fajardo is at full strength next year I fully expect him to be right up there. Bou is young and still gaining experience, but has tons of potential. If Fuji loses his title then he'll be fighting hard to get it back and then there's Dougie. He wants that eighth title and probably wants it even more than he did his first title so he'll be fighting hard whether it's on a Mont or A.N. Other. All in all, I think it's going to be a great year, but feel the FIM need to make a stance on section severity.

Doug is the best without doubt but behind the scenes if its a second year withiut the crown would he think of a change? Also if the money at Montesa Honda is finite will they swap him. Hope not as the best advert for the 4 banger would be to claim the championship. If he's off to beta could they afford him?

Credit where its due TC had the Freixa thing first of course.

the factories should be looking at people like WIGGY,nuff said!.dougie on a beta,that would be fantastic.imagine what it would be like for him getting back on a two stroke,it would be like having a lead weight removed from around your neck after riding a four stroke.

Edited by PHYSCO

I feel that Dougie will win next year. It won't matter what bike he is on. If he switches brands, it won't be about money. JLI Beta would be awesome to see him on, but his results will be boosted on Honda after this year of r&d.

Derek

the factories should be looking at people like WIGGY,nuff said!.dougie on a beta,that would be fantastic.imagine what it would be like for him getting back on a two stroke,it would be like having a lead weight removed from around your neck after riding a four stroke.

Lead weight :blink: Mont 4rt 6 wins, GG 5 wins, Sherco 1 win.

Some lead weight, and next season they will really get the lead out.

so you think the 4rt as ridden by the repsol team is anything like the production bike??? Well, i suppose the stickers are almost the same...

Not at all r2, in fact it did take some time for the works bikes to get up to parr, all other brands claim how close the WR bikes are to stock, HRC are willing to put the big bucks in to make sure they have a full works machine up to the task, all the hard work getting the machine to the point it is now will pay dividends why change the best two riders for the job? can't see it myself.

Who's the two best men for the job of riding the 4rt's at this time ? thats who will be on them next season.

Is Frexia riding two or four stroke next year, could be either with Scorpa.

Its got to be Fujigas and Doug for HRC Montesa next year. The two riders most capable of bringing another World title for the factory. It will be interesting to see what happens with Freixa as he now seems to be getting to grips with the 4RT. Depends on the Scorpa rumour. He would certainly lift the bikes profile.

Can't see Raga or Fajardo leaving Gas Gas and likewise I would expect Cabestany to stay put with Sherco alongside the experienced Grimbo.

Bou could be a target to be tempted away from Beta. But to whom?

After this first year where the 4RT performed much better than people imagined at club, national and WTC level I expect the sales of the bikes to increase. A lot of riders I know just love the sound of the bike alone. People held of buying the first GG pros and I know riders who have done the same with the 4RT.

Edited by Cota Kid

As Fuji is the top rider from Japan just can't see him moving, but he does have alot of big outside spomsors.

Doug I'm just not sure HRC want to pay him what he's worth.

Also what bothers me is if his contracts up for renewal why no announcment that he is staying?

Dominic, want odds for doug on a Mont in 2006????