What's Going On With Gas Gas

gassa1

Let's just settle this with pistols at dawn........

The corrected version:-

The factory is being "emptied" what auction or administrators or what?

4 stroke gassers do you mean trials? If so a journalist I know tried what they had back 5 years ago and there is not many of them, how you in lancashire could know more is interesting?

The debts were about 40 million euros.(see relase elsewhere with FACTS)

Gas gas have few if any patents afaik, who would buy a brand name in these circumstances -what would be the point?

The KTM rumour was over a year old and KTM released a statement saying they weren't interested (see release elsewhere)

Israeli investors are not rescuing GG.

KTM can do lots of things but why would that company want to build a Trials bike given their target market.

The trials market is not healthy? No Sh!t sherlock.

TRS competitive are you sure? Launching soon both, really?

More than normal financial invest ment wtf does that mean?

The GasGas brand is certainly worth something. If not then why so many sand in the panties responses. "Rescue" the company? Not gonna happen. Start another company with the GasGas name? Probable like the Sherco was originally the new Bultaco. Stymied by a guy in the U.S. who owned the name and wouldn't give it up. So somebody buys the name GasGas for a song who already has manufacturing capability. I still think it's exactly the type of scenario that fits the Chinese way of doing things. Buy the name and manufacture domestically while keeping an import pipeline into Europe.

Remember you buy the name only. The importers/dealers all must be renegotiated. Promotional materials reprinted. Manufacturing contracts with suppliers renegotiated. Import export license refiled. All this stuff becomes void once the company ceases operation. It isn't simply a matter of turning the lights back on and getting back to work.

Edited by dan williams

Are there a heap of 4T GG trials bikes somewhere? As I wrote this is just a rumour I heard. I was told it came from a driver who was collecting or delivering something at GG factory. The rumour is he saw several rows of complete 4Ts, maybe 40 or 50 bikes. I clearly said it was a rumour when I posted, just wondered if anyone else had heard it or knew anything.

ND read the last line of what I posted again carefully (not what you misquoted it as) and you will probably no longer need to ask what it means.

Who said the debts are now actually 40 million E? It seems each time the debts are mentioned someone adds another few million E. I read somewhere the debts were about 23 million E to the banks and investors, plus about another 10 million E they owe to suppliers but its perfectly fair to say I have no means of knowing if the figures are accurate or verifying them.

The internet is a wonderful thing but it does allow inaccurate information to circulated very fast, and passed on as if it is fact.

Its not that long ago several people with intimate knowledge (with hindsight possibly not) of GG were saying the stop in production was just a temporary halt while a bit of refinancing took place, that turned out to be completely true did it not?

When the gate drops the bullshat stops and if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle (old MX proverb)

The statement issued by the administrators said it was 40 m, 23 was owed to the banks alone, ing and another was a couple then there was government loans.

Read your last sentence on normal financial rubbish 4 times now and it still doesnt make sense explain please?

mx proverbs, really?

Noted you dont dispute you were wrong about the other stuff and it was "a driver" not you who had visited factory.

Edited by nigel dabster

When the gate drops the bullshat stops and if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle (old MX proverb)

That's not such an impossibility these days. You guys are arguing irrelevancies (20m-40m it just doesn't matter) but you do seem to enjoy it so

Carry On

• Like 1

Have you ever been to the Gas Gas factory?

No, but I have never been to the moon either and I have a fair idea what goes on there.

Perhaps the reason I have not replied to your other points is because I can't be bothered.

Regarding my last sentence the normal financial reason to make an investment is ROCE. This is unlikely with GG and therefore an investor must have another reason.

I think alot of the patents were held be that XIU guy, Most have run out now as ossa and jotagas have a some gas gas tech in the gearboxes!.

Someone needs to buy the name and get them knocked up in China, They will probably be better also and with the name they wont get into the Xispa scenario.

We could have a good bike way cheaper than the rest if this happens.

I'm not worried about parts for mine, Shirty will get his hands on them from the suppliers. It's still too fresh to need anything soon anyway, However I may be changing bikes soon not because of the GG situation, I just need new toys to keep me interested.

Plus the prices won't drop too much as older bike prices will go up as the breakers will be buying them all for strong money now.

:rotfl:

The corrected version:-

The factory is being "emptied" what auction or administrators or what?

4 stroke gassers do you mean trials? If so a journalist I know tried what they had back 5 years ago and there is not many of them, how you in lancashire could know more is interesting?

The debts were about 40 million euros.(see relase elsewhere with FACTS)

Gas gas have few if any patents afaik, who would buy a brand name in these circumstances -what would be the point?

The KTM rumour was over a year old and KTM released a statement saying they weren't interested (see release elsewhere)

Israeli investors are not rescuing GG.

KTM can do lots of things but why would that company want to build a Trials bike given their target market.

The trials market is not healthy? No Sh!t sherlock.

TRS competitive are you sure? Launching soon both, really?

More than normal financial investment wtf does that mean?

I for one believe that once all the debt of the current company is dissolved and GG in its current form no longer exists, a new GG will emerge and continue to be successful. Why? Well I just went for a ride on my new 300 Racing tonight after work. I have ridden and/or been sponsored on every brand of bike since the 80s and I am amazed at how much fun this bike is and how good it works. They all have their strong points for sure, but the GG motor and the suspension are top notch.

• Like 2

That's not such an impossibility these days. You guys are arguing irrelevancies (20m-40m it just doesn't matter) but you do seem to enjoy it so

Carry On

Irrelevant it maybe whether its 23 or 40 (it is) but the other innacuracies KTM etc were plain wrong. I do not enjoy dad off spouting off inaccuracies

and old news like it was his thing, perhaps you are?

Whats going on with Gas Gas, none of us know for sure but will it end up being a bike with this name or another, i hope so.

No, but I have never been to the moon either and I have a fair idea what goes on there.

Perhaps the reason I have not replied to your other points is because I can't be bothered.

Regarding my last sentence the normal financial reason to make an investment is ROCE. This is unlikely with GG and therefore an investor must have another reason.

If you cant be bothered to debate or back up your comments when questioned why bother with these forums. It seems strange that you wont debate yet spout ideas as the only way forward but when tested refuse to defend or prove with facts, let alone admit you might be wrong?

This is typically where once examined your points are ridiculous.

At 40m euros debt no one surely would take on GG as is? ROCE is still a possiblity if the sales are there, they could be the light bike is very popular world wide.

But if an investor were to stump up a fraction of that everything is in place to resurect the Bike, be it called a this that or Gasser.

Wheels brakes plastics etc etc all made nearby and s3 supplying alot of the other bits, someone must have/can get a list of suppliers and what little was made in house could be subbed out. On a much smaller scale perhaps just producing the Racing model light and race proven, like the sherco caldes set up for example its surely viable?

I would thought that major suppliers would have had their credit insured.

I have no very recent experience of credit insurance or the very similar contract payment payment guarantee schemes but very shortly after the start of the bank led crash such insurance became very difficult or impossible to obtain, this worsened the recession because firms were not willing to enter contacts, particularly for exported goods without such insurance. This was particularly serious in the oil industry / refining supply chain because it was accompanied by a huge drop in the oil price.

ND Just because I cannot be bothered to spend time going over the same issue again and again, and often having to correct your misquotes does not mean I am wrong, it just means I cannot be bothered.

Take what I said about KTM. I said "some suggest KTM may be interested" I did not state as a fact KTM are interested. I Know full well KTM said they were not interested about Easter, I then went on to suggest why KTM probably are not interested, they can just copy it.

The KTM rumour did start again about 3 weeks ago when the failure of GG to secure a deal with its creditors was finally acknowledged in the GG press release.

I have no very recent experience of credit insurance or the very similar contract payment payment guarantee schemes but very shortly after the start of the bank led crash such insurance became very difficult or impossible to obtain, this worsened the recession because firms were not willing to enter contacts, particularly for exported goods without such insurance.

Oh my. By history and nationality i am not supposed to identify bad run on sentences. I believe we are encouraged to speak like this here in America. So i think your trying to say that what has happened shouldn't have. Then your trying to expand with something about you not having experience on the subject. The banks are at fault and there were no contracts. Right?

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas