What's Going On With Gas Gas

gassa1

When the workers are falling back on Facebook for support its clear to me ...theyre desperate.....and so they would be .....with no pay.

Theyre are unfortunately getting nowhere slowly. All of this means nothing unless either the Government or an investor steps in. Christ i hope im wrong ...but it doesnt look good for this chapter in GG's life.

Im sure the brand will live on ....hopefully not just in freeking key rings and T shirts

They are obviously not the only one. Look e.g. the plugs are taken out of marchiossiooergewel;gkjwg (i cant type the suspension brand:P).

Often there are chain reactions especially in cases with high cluster industries. (get yourself a map and history plot all trial brands and you will be amazed, (ok I will make a picture because I have a map like that)).

• 3 weeks later...
According to Spanish sources, its over for GasGas.

From what I understand, stockholders couldn't come to an agreement.

GasGas is in the hands of a curator to pay the outstanding bills.

The same sources tell the factory might re open one day, but not for at least after one year and under another legal form and on a much smaller scale.

From the GasGas employees facebook page:

Good afternoon, Saturday overtime expired pre competed shielding the company from a creditor has this urge has competition. Yesterday morning, the shareholders of the company, filed bankruptcy continuity in the commercial court of Girona, on a voluntary basis. Today, they not yet have a clear plan of firm viability and everything points that exhausted until the last second that the judge appoint a trustee to take our case. At that time, if they have not achieved a solution with inflows it seems that the company had just insolvent liquidation. At that time the company will cease to belong to existing shareholders and would enter at auction. There are several potential investors who would be willing to bet on the brand has in this scenari.

• Like 1

''IMPORTANT statement from the GasGas president.

A for importers and distributors GAS GAS

Dear colleagues,

Hereby, I wish to inform you that we have presented today in court the legal documents required to start the business.

Unfortunately, all our efforts to find a solution that would allow us to maintain the company's activities have not yielded the desired result.

However, we hope that in this new stage of the company will be able to attract new investors to enable productive activity to continue to maintain the leadership of the trial market and strengthen our position in the market Enduro and provide better service to all our subcontractors and customers worldwide.

GAS GAS is bankrupt and consists of passionate people, who have always offered the best of themselves to improve every day and build the best motorcycles, making it a company that is most appealing.

In the coming days, we will provide all necessary assistance to the bankruptcy attorney so that it maintains the after-sales service and spare parts to find continuity.

At this point, I want to thank one and all who made GAS GAS, with their lifetime commitment and convey my desire and hope that we can find a viable solution for the future.

Beyond the values GAS GAS is an invaluable brand new potential investors in GAS GAS would find people with great knowledge of the sector, passionate people whose sole purpose would be to constantly improve the product?

There are also many employees with their unwavering loyalty, they worked hard on their market to that GAS GAS is present worldwide.

However, existing shareholders have not given the necessary efforts to find sufficient funds to ensure the future of the company, although at that time the chances of success in this arduous task is not high.

I must say it is very sad for me to take this decision in a company with 30 years of experience and I am fully aware of the consequences that entails, but it is my duty as President to address the reality and take appropriate action given current circumstances.

Closely

Yariv GILAT
President
GAS GAS Motos SA''

@retrotrials facebook 20-5-2015

• Like 1

Grim, but not unexpected, news. It is unclear from all statements so far whether Gas Gas Motos insolvency is based upon lack of liquidity (i.e. they don't have cash available to pay the bills) or negative assets (i.e. the value of debt is greater than the value of assets, the business thus has negative value). This is significant in determining whether the business may, or may not, survive as a going concern and may, or may not, attract a potential buyer.

Notwithstanding the financial issues, I feel for Shirty. He & his family have been huge supporters of the UK trials scene for many years & whatever happens to Gas Gas Motos, I hope he still has a business, though that must feel far from certain right now.

• Like 1