What's Going On With Gas Gas

gassa1

I would say and pigs might fly but its not appropriate here.

Whilst james 249 gas I can see why perhaps you don't want to name the embezellers of gas gas's wealth surely you can name the israeli investors who have the cash to solve the 26million euro debt?

As I was in the area (bit south of Barcelona) I asked a few dealers and a hire shop about GG. Reply was basically "Who knows, Who can guess". I came across another business (nothing to do with motorcycles) where ex workers with banners were protesting outside about being "sacked" with wages owing. There was management notice inside saying company had had had cash flow problems but 80 workers were working under new conditions and hoping to make company a success. Company was probably operating at less than 1/3 normal capacity. Also many hotels very nearly empty and offering bargain deals. Quite a few builders merchants shut down and others very quiet.

General impression I got is that things are pretty quiet and either in or just on verge of recession, certainly far from busy.

Never saw a single GG or any other trials bike. Yam DTs seemed commonest but also a lot of asian / chinese imports.

My Mrs has been spending many weeks in Valencia and is reporting something quiet different. Then again our manufacturing there is reporting sucessful gains especially with European sales. Spain is in turmoil I will agree but not all businesses are suffering.

--Biff

I know exactly where all the money has gone and why and more than likely where some of it still exists today.Ive only found this out because I've made it my business to look into it . It's taken me months and months to discover it all.In doing so have come to realise that it is not information that anyone wants public let alone just for a little Sunday afternoon enjoyment.

Sorry Ham.... You'll have to go on blaming it on some old problem engine story.

I was taking the pee,pee; You have seen the randonne and the 'lawnmower' haven't you? :hyper:

#34 No doubt some businesses are doing OK, but the general impression I got is that money was scarce. I was at a couple of marinas and virtually all the births were fully occupied, quite a lot of owners could not afford to sail and boat market was depressed so it would seem money was tight even amongst the wealthier. Some of the boat trips normally 55 Euros or thereabouts could be had for as little as 15 Euros, that smacks of desperation selling. Fishing charter boats could not attract enough customers to sail even at very low prices.

Something the Israeli investors may be waiting for is what happens in Greece when they need to refinance some of their debt shortly. If Greece leaves the Euro it could significantly affect what a non Euro based company would have to pay for GG. May even trigger a Euro departure for other Mediterranean countries such as Spain which would enable them to devalue their currency and boost exports.

Edited by dadof2

Spain leaving the euro is so far off you clearly dont understand the whole picture.

Your general "impression" is undermined by the cold hard facts that Spain has been in a recession for longer and deeper than us, which most people are fully aware of and has been discussed here many times over the last two years.

Catalunya was resisting the economic decline but recent events at Gas Gas shows that they arent immune, and talk of devolution has subsided recently.

A couple of things 1, the bike washer went on strike so Adam had to work out how to use a jet wash and blasted the stickers off.

2, more likely the sticker supplier hasn't been paid.

If they can afford to send a lorry to the SSDT they can afford to pay Adam.

He can sell the bike to me to get some money back!!!!!!

My general impression pretty well matches recession, so you conclusion that the facts undermine what I observed would seem to be some way off the mark.

The threat of Greece leaving the Euro has not receded, it has come to the forefront again being reported in both left and right wing press this weekend.

I suggest you also look at  http://www.cnbc.com/id/102591625

If Greece's economy starts to grow after exit (historical precedence indicates this will be the case) then the pressure for Italy, Spain and Portugal to follow suit will grow.

Sooner or later most will come to ask if the Euro was such a good idea, why are these recessions not ending? and from that point it is a near certainty that countries exiting the Euro is only a matter of time.

Freed from the shackles of an overvalued currency companies like GG then may be able to grow again.

My general impression pretty well matches recession, so you conclusion that the facts undermine what I observed would seem to be some way off the mark.

The threat of Greece leaving the Euro has not receded, it has come to the forefront again being reported in both left and right wing press this weekend.

I suggest you also look at http://www.cnbc.com/id/102591625

If Greece's economy starts to grow after exit (historical precedence indicates this will be the case) then the pressure for Italy, Spain and Portugal to follow suit will grow.

Sooner or later most will come to ask if the Euro was such a good idea, why are these recessions not ending? and from that point it is a near certainty that countries exiting the Euro is only a matter of time.

Freed from the shackles of an overvalued currency companies like GG then may be able to grow again.

I think you raise done important points

GB is out of the Euro & there will be a few other EC partners looking at us with envy because it has helped us out of recession quicker

Good post

I think Zippy is right, There's some carbon going on with the airbox, I'm guessing the whole airbox is carbon with most of it made up with black resin to hide the carbon weave.

The minimum weight rule is not stopping development.

Edited by steve_earle