What's Going On With Gas Gas

gassa1

Does this mean I might be able to upgrade from a 2003 to something much newer at a much lower price than a week ago???????

?????

Zippy,old chap, you have a GasGas to sell so you're trapped in the relative value matrix :stupid: .

I know that Andy,the site owner has a main consideration for the Uk importer ( site sponsor).

He has slapped down an embargo on the discussion of the GasGas financial autopsy :shutup:  but I do feel complete sympathy for the thousands (?) of end-product ( no pun intended) Gasees who have lost money on their steeds :suicide: .

Future unsurety is bad for the value of any financial product. 

Best of luck to those who are holding onto their Gassers and hoping that the Phoenix will rise ( I just hope it's not like Brian Potter's Pheonix :( )

You can still get most parts for a bultaco they went bust in the early 80s. Im keeping my pro as i like the bike, if its worth £500 or £1000 less doesn't matter , it makes no sense to sell it and buy something i wont like as much for more money. Just my view

• Like 8

A 2005 Montesa 4Rt that is very clean still fetches almost 5000.00 $ in the states even though Honda started bringing the bikes in for 7500.00 in 2014. The clean used Gassers could have the same type of following. Two years from now a like new Pro model could actually be more valuable. A well used bike will have the opposite effect as the Pro also has a short life span. I feel sorry for the people that made Gas Gas the only brand they made their living from. My son has a Gasser he is working and saving for to buy as a second bike. The Pro is  his bike of choice. He just does not like anything else!  

You can still get most parts for a bultaco they went bust in the early 80s. Im keeping my pro as i like the bike, if its worth £500 or £1000 less doesn't matter , it makes no sense to sell it and buy something i wont like as much for more money. Just my view

I am in exactly the same situation.

?????

Zippy,old chap, you have a GasGas to sell so you're trapped in the relative value matrix :stupid: .

Who said anything about selling?  You been talking to Mrs Zippy?  sounds like something she would say.

Buy newer GasGas as main trials machine and keep the 2003 as a back up/get my friends interested machine.

• Like 1

Who said anything about selling?  You been talking to Mrs Zippy?  sounds like something she would say.

Buy newer GasGas as main trials machine and keep the 2003 as a back up/get my friends interested machine.

Oh yea... I know Mrs. Zippy and how well you like spending money... I like how you haven't said when you would do this upgrading or buying of a new machine.

So they emptied the factory.... where to?

--Biff

Whether you should get rid of your GG will depend on how effective the importers are at continuing to source spares. A friend and myself were in this predicament when the Maico factory went bust. The spares supply dried up almost immediately and you did not know if you would have a running bike from one week to the next. The problem was compounded by dealers saying say would have parts by Friday only to not have them 6 weeks later. After several months of frustration we both ended up selling them at very low prices to a breaker.

Whether you should get rid of your GG will depend on how effective the importers are at continuing to source spares. A friend and myself were in this predicament when the Maico factory went bust. The spares supply dried up almost immediately and you did not know if you would have a running bike from one week to the next. The problem was compounded by dealers saying say would have parts by Friday only to not have them 6 weeks later. After several months of frustration we both ended up selling them at very low prices to a breaker.

A nice cheery story to finish the week with :wall:

Why dont you write something nice . We ALL know whats going on AND the implications . We are not stupid. Comments like this only damage . What you have said does not help anyone or anything. It doesnt educate anyone . Noones thankful for this type of comments.....so whats the point ?. Feeding your ego ? You tell me.

Of course there's freedom of speech ....but you wouldnt want your bad news aired time and time again ...would you....so please think.

Its actually people who say things like your above comments that is dragging the prices down. Its true. People should keep thier Gassers . Shirty has the spares ...he's made provisions to get more when needed. GasGas will be back in the future no doubt with the identical model.

Before people post stupid stuff on this forum.......why dont they think .

Ill tell you why....its because they all hide behind user names and feel free to drag things down with impunity.

People wouldnt say half of this bad stuff if it was against thier real name. In my opinon this needs a rethink.

Its only a tiny tiny little sport . Trials is a family ...support them.....like youd support your family.

This isnt all at you Dadof...but that comment is not good and not a good thing to be spreading around.

Please think a bit :icon_salut:

• Like 5

Ok let's just pretend all is rosy with GasGas,sweep it under the carpet and hope some sugar daddy will happily carry on their name whilst losing millions of pounds on a poor product that doesn't sell enough units.Investors and or wealthy individuals are usually not stupid that's how they got to be investors or wealthy.

dadof2 is just being realistic something the bean counters at GasGas haven't been.

• Like 1

I've a 14 Ossa,similar situation to Gas Gas.,won't be selling it or taking it to any breakers.

I don't worry about parts or things going wrong with it ,don't think most riders really bother either because to be a trials rider you have to be quite an independent individual.

If you worried about stuff like that probably shouldn't be riding in the first place.

• Like 1

A nice cheery story to finish the week with :wall:

Why dont you write something nice . We ALL know whats going on AND the implications . We are not stupid. Comments like this only damage . What you have said does not help anyone or anything. It doesnt educate anyone . Noones thankful for this type of comments.....so whats the point ?. Feeding your ego ? You tell me.

Of course there's freedom of speech ....but you wouldnt want your bad news aired time and time again ...would you....so please think.

Its actually people who say things like your above comments that is dragging the prices down. Its true. People should keep thier Gassers . Shirty has the spares ...he's made provisions to get more when needed. GasGas will be back in the future no doubt with the identical model.

Before people post stupid stuff on this forum.......why dont they think .

Ill tell you why....its because they all hide behind user names and feel free to drag things down with impunity.

People wouldnt say half of this bad stuff if it was against thier real name. In my opinon this needs a rethink.

Its only a tiny tiny little sport . Trials is a family ...support them.....like youd support your family.

This isnt all at you Dadof...but that comment is not good and not a good thing to be spreading around.

Please think a bit :icon_salut:

Dadof2 made a post that was factual and realistic.