Gasgas, Ossa, Jotagas.....news?

richierich

19th May 2015  

Gas Gas NEWS 

It looks like it's all over.
Sad Day... No more Gas Gas.

Please excuse the translation.

Following our SPANISH sources, GAS GAS in the recovery plan for 6 months was 15 May 2015 to submit a recovery plan.

The court's decision who knows gathered May 15, 2015 just fallen, the court ordered the dissolution of the Gas Gas company accordingly.

3 GAS GAS shareholders who had reached an agreement among themselves to restarting GAS GAS has not occurred, GAS GAS being idle for 6 months with the assembly line stopped, the GAS GAS story ends there !!!

Now the company GAS GAS is in the hands of the trustee and the court to deal with the personal terms of layoffs, accounts payable, and bank, and buildings.

GAS GAS has 10 days to appeal the decision, beyond that period the case will ultimately close.

Spaniards sources say GAS GAS will be re forming one day (but not within the next year). It will be a different legal form and on a much smaller scale !! Gas Gas will have already set to with the current problems before thinking that someone may of bought the brand !!!

Sad sad news in our little world, the world of the motorcycle did not need that, given the very difficult situation now.

Today GasGas factory started to make significant moves, to sort their situation out .

They will rise again, im sure

Are you sure james? Thats not what we heard, 40million in debt?

We heard its finished please confirm?

Edited by nigel dabster

Are you sure james? Thats not what we heard, 40million in debt?

We heard its finished please confirm?

Andrew -

Sorry for the cryptic note.

I didn't want to be the one to disclose the bankruptcy process beginning because I like these guys and I like the brand and company like we all do .I don't want to appear to be just chatting about their distressing situation.

What I was trying to put across is that this process is the start of the GasGas brand ridding itself of the huge huge debt that's hindered it for years.

I can't say all of what I'm hearing because it's way way to delicate.... but either way I have no doubt what so ever the brand GasGas will rise again.

• Like 2

Andrew -

Sorry for the cryptic note.

I didn't want to be the one to disclose the bankruptcy process beginning because I like these guys and I like the brand and company like we all do .I don't want to appear to be just chatting about their distressing situation.

What I was trying to put across is that this process is the start of the GasGas brand ridding itself of the huge huge debt that's hindered it for years.

I can't say all of what I'm hearing because it's way way to delicate.... but either way I have no doubt what so ever the brand GasGas will rise again.

So is that the end - staff made redundant & no new bikes ?

Factory shut for good?

What about spares, are they the property of the receiver & will be sold off to the highest bidder at auction ?

Sorry situation for sure - half the entry at uk Trials ride GasGas

• Like 1

If it's any consolation, they intend to keep producing spare parts for the current models.

I also read the factory enduro team will go on as usual, so maybe the trial team also.

Lets hope they can make a comeback in a year or so, smaller but stronger.

What will Adam Raga do now for the remainder of the year as presumably he will not get paid by Gas Gas (or their trustees/receivers), only his personal sponsors? Will that be sufficient to fund the remaining world rounds?

Will he ride an un-liveried bike for the rest of the year, or one of his own 'brand' as Laia Sanz did a while ago?