Any Breaking News?

imexian

Seen Retro's report on the Last day at OSSA". Seems a waste to have all that potential go to waste. It does seem that at least one person there is at least trying to keep them going. My last experience with PriceWaterhouseCoopers wasn't that edifying. They tend not to know what they are doing, in the UK at least.

That bad then?  So sad,the Ossa truly moved things forward.

My pals got an Ossa and Scorpa dealership,obviously the Ossas a no go but he can move all the newScorpas he can get.Thing is when I look at the Scorpa it's no different to a 95 Fantic Section sitting in my garage except the Fantics got 6 gears and a power valve.

That's progress!    

Ossa's should have been sold with the diagnostic cables but weren't so you have to spend another $200 for a set, yes an extra expense but well worth it to keep the bike in top fettle. I still love my factory r and will be sticking with it. eFI is very easy to maintain with the software and a laptop. It will be interesting to see if the vertigo comes with the leads and software.

I had an Ossa and a lot of the bike was good. However the gearbox was too delicate.

It put me off fuel injection as well. It's ok having different maps but if you have to go back to the dealer to get something altered then it's a no go for me. I havn't the time or inclination to do that.It should come with leads to connect to a computer so you can sort it at home.

I can fiddle with a carb myself.

Personally working in IT I can carry a MS Surface 3 and USB leads more easily than fiddling round with dismantling a carb in a field. Horses for courses. I do know of a few OSSA's and haven't knowledge of any of the newer bikes having that many problems.

Edited by telecat
  • Like 1

37 years riding offroad and never had to hook any of them to a laptop. never had a carb problem other than one time some dirt and one time some water. a couple of minutes works each time and back up and riding. the ossa may be a great bike but i have never even seen one in person at a trials. i remember when gas gas came on strong, i waited to see and hear about them,  in 93 i test rode one and fell in love with it. i like tried and true bikes, i usually won't buy a brand that makes major updates or changes until i find out that they work and work like they are supposed to. i was slow to buy a sherco but i'm glad i did. it's worked very well for me. what's next for me i have no idea. after all these years i want a reliable bike with an even more reliable dealer standing behind it. one thing is for sure it's nice to have choices, i'm sad to see ossa and gas gas having problems but also glad that jotagas and trs as well as scorpa are coming along. good luck to them.

lets not for get that we used to have other bikes around like fantic, bultaco and a bunch of others, things change but stay the same don't they? we live in times when bikes are good and dependable compared to when i first started. but depending on your location finding a place to ride is harder than finding a bike to ride.

rob

Ossa were going nowhere even before they got mixed up in the Gas Gas saga. Shame as I rode a properly mapped one and thought it was great but wouldn't buy one as I had a gut feeling they would go belly up.

I love the Gassers especially the Raga/Replica, I should have kept mine but was swayed over to the Evo as they are reliable but in reality they are no better than the rev3. Heavy old engine even with magnesium cases and lighter crank and fisher price suspension.

Sherco is the next best thing to a Gasser, I think one will be on my shopping or swap list if I can not get this heave ho (evo) sorted.

Wish I had money to blow as I would take a gamble on the TRS as I think it will be the Gas Gas replacement but the market is too dodgy at the moment. Im also so glad I didn't get a Jotagas.

Steve, you obviously have an opinion on everyone and everything, hindsight is wonderful after events. If betas are dated then why buy one,? If you are so opinionated how come you let a dude persuade you to buy such an old heavy bike

I was swayed over to the Evo as they are reliable but in reality they are no better than the rev3.

Heavy old engine even with magnesium cases and lighter crank and fisher price suspension.

So why are they so popular?

Good dealers?

Beta seem to sell by the shedload, they can't be all that bad?