Sacu Licences

overthehill

I agree the ACU licence is too cheap.

For 1 reason, in the future they are going to need funds for

fighting/appealing against legislation the likes of the DEFRA SPS scheme, as well

as the injury claimants.

Remember the DEFRA situation has NOT gone away in England.

It is just sleeping until 1.1.2006

None of us know just what might happen come New Years Day 2006.

(apart from it will be cold, and Bradford club will have a trial)

Many MotoX events are run on commercial tracks with track licences and planning permission, that adds to the cost of a club running an event and ultimately the cost of entering/racing.

Trials could be the same in the future!

Lets just be thankfull that there are many, many trials enthusiasts all over the UK/World that don't ask for expences for setting trials out, answering the phone, doing results etc. Then it would bump up the cost!

If trials was to get more commercial, that is what would happen me thinks.

Let me the 1st to wish you all a happy new year :-)

The difference with Scotland from much of England is it is unlikely that you are going to be able to compete more than twice a month on average without travelling large distances.

For someone like me who does 8 maybe 12 trials a year, having to be a member of two separate clubs to do this the cost of a licence going up to

Sorry to be negative but its a way of putting off new riders from competing in official events, the aim is to attract competitors not drive them away.

If I remember correctly this is why the system was changed down here, many occassional riders didn't buy licences as they were seen as being expensive. I can't remember how much they used to be though.