Vertigo Now For Sale .....

motorcycleemptyness

Just for comparison given it is a bit higher scale bike, I think it would be fair to compare it to other 300cc factory bikes

$8499 USD for a factory Beta (2015)

$8749 USD for a factory GG (2015)

$7999 USD for Sherco (2016) - Factory would be more don't have an actual quote but probably $8600.

So basically and extra $1,000 for an exotic Fuel Injected fully tricked out bike. Doesn't seem too far off the mark.

I guess, but if you add the fact that it's the first year for a never before produced bike from a manufacturer that has zero history as such, it's a bit of stretch. 

Which isn't to say I'm not interested... fuel injected two stroke sounds great. But are they going to be around in 2 or 3 years? I'd really need to weigh that before choosing it over anything else, especially given the price gap.

Hi Collyolly

Yes this is a all up price

have been to Gerldine very nice place, Just finished the south Island rounds, now that a nice place to see

If you are ever over this way get hold of me, have a spare bike 

Cheers Wakka

Vertigo have maintained all along that their business model is to offer a machine with a high spec but with other extras that will come as a result of being 'part of the Vertigo family' . I do not know what they are as yet but it is priced to reflect that.

As a completely new bike, it needs time to build loyalty to the brand so lets see how it goes :)

The high res photos I've seen of it do look nice. But I can I take a moment to mention what a horrendous name 'Vertigo' is? It sounds a non native english speaker picked it out of the 'sounds cool' list, without noting that it's sort of the antithesis of what you're striving for when riding a trials (i.e. not feeling dizzy and losing your balance). Don't get me started on 'combat' and 'ice hell'.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, what exactly is the difference between the two models other than 3kg (which comes from weight savings where?). And since the two models are apparently not just different colors, what's the price difference? Vertigo's website is atrocious.

Reckon the TRS is more than enough for the majority of riders.Vertigo has a higher spec and is more complex,which will attract some but could possibly also frighten others off,All modern bikes are more capable than about 95% of riders if we're honest about it,but good to see more choices for us .Hope they're both a success

Speaking of which, what exactly is the difference between the two models other than 3kg (which comes from weight savings where?). And since the two models are apparently not just different colors, what's the price difference? Vertigo's website is atrocious.

The frames are made of two different steels on the upper parts, I believe the lower parts are alloy on both.

The manifolds are different too, stainless vs Ti.

The crankcases are Alloy vs Magnesium.

And I think the front forks/clamps? are different too.

I guess you can add in a load of screws and fasteners made from Ti and some other light (or Leight as Vertigo say) materials and it all add up to the 3 kg difference.

Based on the price of the Combat, I'm guessing Ice Hell might be Price Hell!

Though I still want to try their "Engine Fun Control Sensor"!

So now it's marginally heavier than your average Beta... which is more or less irrelevant to me if the difference is minimal (it is), and it probably comes down to the battery it's toting around for the FI.

There's a lot that looks really sloppy to me though. Not the bike itself, just all the materiel surrounding it. It's enough to give me pause were I ready to lay down that kind of money.