Fantic Secton 250 1997

beta_basher

A friend of mine commented to me after I ride the Fantic saying, "it couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding!". I assume your less than 12.5 stone, in which case the bike should perform quite well,

It must be knackered then, I had a new one in '97 and it certainly didn't lack any power.Bikes have moved on again since then but I don't think I've ridden better than I did on the Section.The build quality and overall quality left a little (ok a lot) :) to be desired but beyond that mine was a fantastic bike. :)

I have some experience with a '95 Section that I used to maintain.

I found it very peaky.

Revved very fast, like an MXer.

The owner presented me with a flywheel weight that he bought to make a little more torque, and when I removed the flywheel cover to install it, there was already one there.

The idea that these have a lack of power may come from the feeling of light flywheel.

I would say that the chassis is far superior to the Zero.

iam sorry but the reliability was excellent on fantics!u VERY rarely find a broken down fantic!if its the 97 section with the alloy frame the build quality is also Very good!they certainly didnt lack in power they had a adjustable power valve on if u think they are flat when standard!bill pye@frankfield fantic in middlesbrough has all the spares you will eva need!alough a 97 bike may not be upto the standard of a new bike they are a very very good bike!alot better&easier to ride in every way than your zero