2006 Championships

john collins

I think some of these dates will change, Inter centre youth trial, same weekend as European youth round  :) , and Richmond British youth championship rounds clashing with popular Y.M.S.A. 3 day trial interesting  :D

That was pointed out at Richmonds Club meeting last night.

Also why is the bradford round listed in the main list but not on the Championship tables?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that some of the A&B Nationals are on the Main Calendar but not on the List at the end. For example the Mansfield Maun Date on the 28th of may and the Bradford date on the 11th of June. Any reason for this???

Not giving you any grief at all Andy. I have promised Chris(North Yorks Lad) that I'll enter him in the close B class trials before a Last year attempt. The confusion seems to be that The ACU are listing National B class in one list and not in the other. I think John needs to clear this up as it looks like 11 rounds instaed of 8.

Cheadle, Mansfield Maun, EMRA and Bradford are all

National Youth trials, but do not count towards the

British Championship. i.e Non Championship rounds.

As stated the ACU are trying to rotate the Championship

between clubs to freshen the series up.

Therefore we won't be going to the same venues year on

year & riding the same sections, which I think is a good

thing, & keeps the lads interested.

The only one I am abit P****d off about is the Bradford

trial, as it was one of the best rounds last year, the rest

of the trials that are ommitted from this years Championship

were all the poorer ones.

Cheadle, Mansfield Maun, EMRA and Bradford are all

National Youth trials, but do not count towards the

British Championship. i.e Non Championship rounds.

I think the Clubs with non championship rounds are on a hiding to nothing. The expense of riding a whole series is high so people just aren't going to support events that don't count. They'll either stay at home or simply ride local events that weekend.

The only one I am abit P****d off about is the Bradford

trial, as it was one of the best rounds last year, the rest

of the trials that are ommitted from this years Championship

were all the poorer ones.

It was commented at our Club meeting the other night that this was a good round, a proper old fashioned type trial.

Guest Scottie

The ACU have asked us to consider the possibility(British Championship) of changing the rules to FIM for a trial 12 month period. Any comments welcome!

Sandra

Who do you mean by us Scottie?

Do you mean all Brit Champs inc youth.

If so this would be excellant,as we can then

practise & perfect the techniques needed

for the Brit & European youth Champs, rather than just practising

it hard the week before a european round.

At least then their would be some consistency in the

rules that our Youths are used to riding under, for instance,

Jack may ride a local trial full no-stop one week, a national under

old FIM stop for a dab ruling then a European the following week

under full FIM rules.

Its getting daft, hows he or any other youths meant to progress

without any consistency in the rules? :ph34r:

Guest Scottie

The letter I received applies only to the British Solo Trials Championship. I am not sure if the BC Youth organisers would have received a different letter?

The forum,s agenda is to reveiw the 2005 season and consider the conditions and regulations for 2006.

Edited by Scottie

It's good to see that they're putting on a 125cc class and an over 40s class in the Novagar Championship. Any chance of a ladies class? I know there would be a number of girls who enjoy riding this sort of event that would be interested. It would encourage them all the more if there were championship points to be won.

Guest Scottie

As the organisers of Scotland's BC and clerk of course, on the plus side it would make it easier for observers and fairer for the riders. On the negative side I can see the sections becoming very dangerous. Is there not a concern at the moment from the FIM president in world trials that the sections are already extremely dangerous. it must be understood that ninety percent of riders in Britain have to work on Monday morning and I can see top rider thinking enough is enough and dropping down to the expert class. Does this mean Dougie will be entering?? I would be interested to hear other organisers comments!! We would also like to hear from riders because at this stage who knows what depth of field there will be? Out of a list of 110 riders, I don't think one round had a full entry of 55. How many championship entrants did every single round this year?Is it not the case that if they made one route with approx 4 really tough sections the cream would still come to the top anyway! Would this be considered?

Edited by Scottie

The sections are only as dangerous as the clerk of course makes them!

Just because the rules change, does'nt mean the sections have to get

any harder, for instance our Brit Champs trial ( Mackenzie ) would not

have to be changed at all I don't think, it would probably mean that Jarvis,

Dabill etc would drop less marks, but would probably encourage one or two other

lads from the Experts to ride the full Championship course, and lets face it,

the number of riders riding the Championship course are getting fewer, so I

think anything that encourages other riders to ride it is a bonus.

If Doug were to express an interest in riding Brit Champs again, then its

easy to get sucked into setting a trial out for one man. But this should'nt be so, if he did enter & cleaned the trial then so what, this would just emphasize how good he is! Without de-moralizing the majority of the entry.

Another thing regarding the difficulty of world trials, you don't have to go big or dangerous to make a section hard, some of the hardest sections are the nadgery tight ones, the only thing is they are not much of a spectacle to watch. But you can still put big stuff in between, just give them abit of a run up, take Hawkstone, I don't think there was anything particuly dangerous there.

It just takes abit of thought from the COC, & not just to put flags around the biggest rock you can find!