2006 Championships

john collins

The calendar has now been sent out - and I see it has been copied form Bob Mullis site. It was also sent to TC at same time if not before!

The Championship conditions/regulations are about to be sent to the Organisers - and a little tweeking may be done to a few over next few days.

The British Solo Chamopionship Conditions/Format etc will not be finalised until after meeting with Orgainisers in Dec. Champ riders and top 6 Expert Class will also be invited to meetings along with Importers etc.I can confirm that Brit Champ - both Champ and Expert Clas will include a 125cc class next year.

Just a few other things prior to condition confirmation - mostly as discussed at recent Trials Forum that some of you atended - and report was published in TC

Novogar. Will include 125 Class and also Over 40 Class.

Single route - but organisers will be expected to revert to original concept i.e a course for good Centre type Clubman - not the very riders who are already cated for in Brit Champ - they can of still ride - but the section severity is not to be aimed at these top lads.

Classic - O/40 ( modern bike) Class still included

O/50 ( modern bike) Clas will be added.

Again Orgainisers will be asked to ensure that section severity is aimed at those it was intended for.

Sammy Miller series: Twinshocks - will now be open to all makes - not just Spanish.

Easier route still available as it is now - but MUST be marked with sidecars in mind.

Trailbikes - ( Non Championship Class) - can ride Hard or easy route.

In most Championships there has been a reduction in the number of rounds - it is intended to monitor Stewards reports etc more closely in future and rotate the rounds around the Clubs. Some Organisers will obviously be dissaponted if they are not awarded in a particular season - but we see this as the only way of trying to keep championships alive and refreshing for entrants.

John Collins

Chairman ACU T & E Committee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry should have mentioned that - but there are lots of details that must follow - I was just trying to give overall picture.

125 Class - riders Under 21 on Jan st year of competition

O/40 Class - riders Over 40 on Jan 1st year of competition.

Re - Brit Champ - as stated the meeting for this is not until Dec - but there are certainly no pre-conceived ideas from T&E to drop Youth Class ie the top 5 youth riders - but as with all such meetings the agenda is open to discussion.

It may be getting confusing now!

Back to 125 class.

This will be included in British Championship on top Championship route and on the Expert route - so the severity will be exactly the same as for any other capacity in those Championships.

Same for Novogar.

Riders up to 21 - so not necessarily youth riders.

Re - meeting about Brit Champ. This is normal - we usually invite Championship Riders/Importers as well as Importers. This year we felt it correct to invite some Expert riders - hence top 6 are invited.

If past experience is anything to go by - not a lot of riders attend - but at leat we have tried - and I think it important not to just assume what Expert rider want - and so some are invited.

Phwoar - look at April - 3 Novogars in 3 weeks - not complaining, but I can feel the pain.

Be interesting to see how the Wallace sets the tone for the year. Victory is pretty sensible (in my books), then Chris Carter. Will the Yorkshire folk be able to tone it down, enough for a fat knacker like me to be able to walk again before the Lomax :)

I hope they do (novogar) and the idea of the ACU saying please mark it out like this is good. I am going to do as many as I can as an over 40 so I shall be the first to complain if they choose to disregard the intention of the series.

YMSA clashed with the euro round this year I think and I guess the British Champs should take priority over what is essentially a club trial? Plus a big and experienced club like Richmond will be able to put on a cracking lap round ,should be interesting. Don't think they had a round of A 7 Bfor awhile either.