2006 Championships

john collins

Just a standard ACU license needed, and yes, officially, the bike has to be road registered, insured etc.

Mine is actually about as legal as I can get it. I reckon it might be in the minority.

Quite a few 05 bikes with 03 plates. Maybe they're private registrations eh?

:hl:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordi, your tooooo fast man i modified my post :hl:

my comments about the centre:

I think we have 25+ clubs and only 11 rounds so clubs that don't host an event may want to (idea for pull a club name out of a bag). i'm not critising the SE Centre or clubs its just i seem to ride the same stuff year in year out.

wow where to start

1) Licence

In trials there is only one type, no "national" grading (apart from that list to get into the British Championship) --> ie unlike MX, RR, etc where it is set in stone. Well there is an international category.

2) The rest of the country

There is a world beyond our centre (ie north of the river) or even (shock horror) beyond the Watford gap!!!

All I know is there are these mysterious things called rocks (strange!) and moors. As well as some very different ways of doing things like marking out sections, classes and gradings :hl::crying::angry: --> good luck!

3) More / different host /etc for championship round in the SEC

A quick flick to my list of centre dates (2005) - sc_sec_smc_trials_dates_2005.pdf - and championship rounds (2005) - 2005TRIALSchampDATES.DOC - reveals we in the SEC run 6 separate championships that are combined and mixed in various ways.

1 - Expert, Inter, Novice (11 rounds)

2 - Modern Sidecar (7 rounds)

3 - Pre 67 A-D & Twinshock (8 rounds)

4 - Pre 67 Sidecar (6 rounds)

5 - Youth A & B (8 rounds)

6 - Youth C & D 6 rounds)

Also we run 4 (well 5) combines, host a handful of nationals, have various closed to clubs, wobblers and a very separate 3 round LDT championship

It is up to the Trials Combine (to which all clubs and combines end delegates) to decide who has rounds. off the top of my head i don't know if lots of clubs apply and are rejected ??? I do note that lots of these meeting are traditionally centre rounds, and you rightly raise a "quality" issue.

What is the answer ??? --> could you split it into two championships; one Expert, Inter, Youth A&B and another Novice, Pre67 / Twinshock, Sidecar and Youth C & D. this would allow you to separate it out and run more rounds. BUT a) do the venues allow it, :P do the clubs want to do this, c) more generally how would more rounds go down with people who do nationals of various sorts

Even then some clubs "get away with" / "pull off" a combined trial doing everything (eg Sidcup Sixty, Gravesend, etc) - is this right, wrong ???

Its a great big debate, one to which i don't know the answer and is very dependant upon countless variable that might not come into line.

Rome wasn't built in a day but change is possible.....

Anyway as for money, and as an exception to the rule as a club we don't do trials for the money by no means!!! Trials is chicken feed compared to the numbers involved in MX and even Enduros. Our club runs British MX championship to do fun small things like trials! Money wise on a per capita basis the money in trials is actually in running large well-attended wobbler trials (minimal costs, work, officials and lots of riders). But then the rest of the trials clubs out there are nothing like Sidcup (the Sidcup Mafia!!!)

rabie :hat:

Rabie, Chap, my point is the centre events are big money for trial only clubs. The clubs that don't host a round may want to and so why shouldn't they. If the centre ran 8 rounds with no droping rounds, and considered the Novogar, British Championship before setting its calendar, might this make good common sense to attract more riders (top class experts in poticular) to ride centre events.

Anyone outside the South East set your calendars dates around the Novogar and British Championship (or even European and World)?

Rabie, I agree wobbler events are good money. What I think attracts riders to these events are the regular observered trials. They keep riders interested in our centre and so these individuals look to ride other series - like wobbler trials. All centre clubs will have Pre67, modern and youth riders so any club hosting a centre event shouldn't have a problem with these classes. Sidcars may need a different view point as they are very rare, but these talented individuals should not be discriminated against.

Combines i'm happy with. Rome may not have been built in a day but the MX circuit at canda heights was :P The licence stuff had aready been covered in an earlier post ;) and merry christmas :santawink: :santa1: B)

Edited by spud

I'm afraid my parents haven't done British championship sidecar trials since the 1980's (i came along and spoiled their fun!), so i can't help you on that (and their all up north or far west - well to me!), we run a non-national and i suspose its my fault i don't get proactive and add reports to trialscentral.

sure coverage of sidecar trials would be welcome, it "floats my boat" more than say youth, but as always it if you have the report/photos covering it ....

rabie :hat:

i own the chair and will probable get collared into passengering one day  :D

rabie  :hat:

Never ridden a chair but i'd give it a go if your up for it? (me the rider you the passenger). One stipulation, the bikes know older than 1990 (Pre 67's scare me) i can guarantee you you not fly out of the chair and break any bones in the first 10 minutes. :madsanta: :madsanta: Picture the headline: Rabie the Rabit and Spud Mr Potatoe team up for a suicide ride at the Heights :D:):D

• 2 weeks later...
can't say anything as dad is a sidecar driver, my cousin is currently passengering, my mum did and i own the chair and will probable get collared into passengering one day  :rolleyes:

Just to defend myself...

Wasn't having a serious pop. I am very closely linked with the sidecars, and have a very very strong affection to them!!

CH

• 2 weeks later...