Brexit And Trials

bigplonker

Various euro countries have banned bikes in streams as have the USA. I'm all in favour of fuel injection and electric bikes for this reason. It's individual countries doing this not the EU.

Judging by posts on the Ossa forum there is plenty of EFI bikes that won't be polluting anything, any where let alone getting as far as a stream.

Just think of all the pollution Brexit will save, should cut UK politicians and MEPs mileage by quite a bit.

From experience France , Sweeden and Germany based on experience of others. Parts of Italy and Spain. I'd be surprised if it was permitted in Switzerland. Not sure if it's allowed in Belgium?

I'm not sure about the legislation in Belgium, but it's been forbidden to ride in the stream at the Bilstain practice grounds, for several years now.

Interesting to see some of the comments, just wait a while till more countries have the courage to have their own Brexit and shake this milestone from there necks and get their respective countries back in order doing what is best for them.

I don't want to spoil the Brexit party, but the T-TIP trade agreements that are coming are just as, or even worse, in my opinion.

I think a lot of people in the EU would be much happier if not only the parliament but the entire EU government was elected.

"Eendracht maakt macht",  "L'union fait la force" or "Einigkeit macht stark"  as we say in Belgium.

Guys why is riding in the river banned and who buy ?

Sorry, I don't know who made it forbidden to ride in the river and why.

All I know is that the grounds are littered with sings telling you to stay out of the river.

Out of interest on the pollution topic I google'd a bit and found the following text (http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/pollution.html)

"Eighty percent of pollution to the marine environment comes from the land. One of the biggest sources is called nonpoint source pollution, which occurs as a result of runoff. Nonpoint source pollution includes many small sources, like septic tanks, cars, trucks, and boats, plus larger sources, such as farms, ranches, and forest areas. Millions of motor vehicle engines drop small amounts of oil each day onto roads and parking lots. Much of this, too, makes its way to the sea."