Bike Wash

lastplacebrad

im looking for a good quality bike wash easily available by mail order or whatever i used to use a product called moto wash which i beleive was made by ipone but can no longer find it locally ive tried a product called ( rather amusingly) fuchs off which i was given at the bike show but its still not as good as the ipone product ......... HELP !! :D

1 - Mild kitchen cleaner for the engine & mechanicals - not sure where it's from, I get mine from the kitchen cupboard, my wife gets it from Tesco I think !

2 - Good old fairy liquid for the plastics

3 - Never ever use a power wash, simple hose and brush

4 - when complete, dry of excess water & start up to evaporate from hard to dry places.

5 - Very liberal dose of WD40 everywhere

6 - Remember to try the brakes before section 1 of your next trial.

This is what I've used, cheap effective & my bike looks good !

John.

I use Pro-Clean which comes in a squirty bottle.

Wet bike, spray on and leave for two minutes rinse off, job done.

I use a brush from a dustpan and brush set to scrub the stubborn stuff.

There is also an accompanying dewatering fluid which you just spray after which is supposed to displace water.

I just start the bike and have a play about in the drive for 10 minutes to dry then put the bike away after covering every inch of it with GT85 teflon spray until I next use it which is always easier to clean as the teflon film acts as a barrier between bike bits and mud :D

1 - Mild kitchen cleaner for the engine & mechanicals - not sure where it's from, I get mine from the kitchen cupboard, my wife gets it from Tesco I think !

2 - Good old fairy liquid for the plastics

3 - Never ever use a power wash, simple hose and brush

4 - when complete, dry of excess water & start up to evaporate from hard to dry places.

You can use a pressure washer so long as you're not stupid & blow your paint off or wash out all your bearings.

Also i wouldn't start the bike to dry it off as there may well be water and/or dirt in the airbox from the trial which will need cleaning out before you next run the bike.

I use Pro-Clean which comes in a squirty bottle.

Wet bike, spray on and leave for two minutes rinse off, job done.

I use a brush from a dustpan and brush set to scrub the stubborn stuff.

There is also an accompanying dewatering fluid which you just spray after which is supposed to displace water.

I use pro-clean great stuff got it with my beta and can buy it locally. Water displacement stuff is called pro-care and i use this to. think its like wd40.

Take the worst off with a hose with pressure end and sponge or brush.

I second the motion all "Simple Green" this is the best cheap cleaner I have ever found. I have been accused of flossing my bike by my riding buddies, but truth is simple green cleans real well. It's available at stores like Wal Mart. Use 50/50 with water for general cleaning. Will cut through any grime when used straight up. If its a really tough spot spray it on straight up and let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes and it usually cuts through.

Purple power or purple Clean, generally available at Automotive supply houses like AutoZone or Advance Auto. I like the one by Coastal the best.

Cheap $2.50 a gallon on sale, and very, very effective. Will make your plastic look much better than you thought it would. You Simple Green guys should try it once.

Hey Charlie, since your a liberal lefty, whatcha doin' leakin' oil all over our

lovely green earth? You Harley people should be ashamed! Messin up our

O Zone, Ktaminatin r ground water. Wait, there's a tree, I gotta go hug it.

Hope it ain't no locust! :D

Nice avatar, Brian.

Isn't that Glen Campbell? :D

BTW...Simple Green suits my left wing bleeding heart liberal tree hugger peace queer hippy freako lifestyle.

Although it is totally artificial, it's totally non toxic. You can drink it. It's probably even vegetarian/vegan, but probably not kosher.

And I gotta special suit just for huggin' them locusts!

Peace, man. :P

I was about to tell you to get back to work!

You southern boys wouldn't know about snow days!!

We have several inches on the ground and are bracing for 6-12 more.

It makes the rocks slippery!

The signature is fake Latin for 'Don't let the *******s grind you down'

Now get back to work!

We've already commandeered the 'bike wash' thread and used it for evil purposes, now you're goofing off at work!