Bult On Ebay

hrc1

I know of some 4 speed Bultaco's that have been sold back to Spain recently for more than this bike !!!!! The Spanish love to collect these, there were very few sold there back in the 1960's most of them were exported. They consider it part of there heritage....maybe a bit like some of the crazy money that has been paid for vintage bikes in this country in the past (Brough Superiors, Vincents, Gold Stars etc!!!)

if the bikes 'complete' the price is reasonable, the spanish are very keen to buy spanish or english bikes as long as in original condition or have 'history'

I have some experience of selling to spanish collectors who think nothing of the drive to the uk and pay cash to pick up bikes/ frames/ engines/literature etc. I have dealt with more than one who have travelled to America for bultaco and Montesa's with history

i have always found them to be fast payers and a pleasure to deal with and above all pretty keen on trials and I cant find much wrong with that..

As per previous posts the 4 speed Model 10 sherpa's fetch a premium over all other models and the asking price is far from unrealistic from experiance.

About two weeks ago a M10 sold on ebay. The bike was located in the UK was a non runner in complete need of restoration but appeared from photographs to have all the right parts and was very rusty/oxidised.It sold for

So what makes them so desirable then , i have a great 74' 247 montesa 95% original, class winner ( even in my hands), V5, worth 350 - 500 max?

easy to ride, maintence free, runs like a train

great twinshock bike but virtually zero demand.. why?

So what makes them so desirable then , i have a great 74' 247 montesa 95% original, class winner ( even in my hands), V5, worth 350 - 500 max?

Bit like owning a 74 Sherpa or MAR, which are also worth about

• 9 months later...

Your right Martin M , I bought up a number of mid 70s ossa's, bultaco, kt250, and a beamish thinking that they'd be investments later on? like ajs /matcless,HT5's etc! but this hasen't proved to be the case! there only worth like you say about

17 SWM'S Youve more bikes than me? hope youve got a big garage Martin!!! i think 70's enduro bikes will soon have a great interest/ following hence also prices going up? as there so bloody rare now! where do you ever see them? ive recently aquirred an yamaha it175 1981 model a bit tatty but completley original? to go with my 1981 pe175x which im restoring (at great cost ive now stop counting how much its racked up! :chairfall: ) have to say it them swm enduros look very nice? whats the 175 like is it the hardest model to find?

Hi from Spain. I have a small collection of Bultaco trials bikes (all of them except model 27), although I like to buy them cheap and restore them myself as I enjoy doing this. I have several trials friends in UK, specially among classic drivers and have drived in some classic trials arround UK. I know what many of you think about some of the prices payed by Spanyards specially for Bultaco models 10 and 27, Ossa MAR first series and Montesa 247 Mk1 and Mk2.

5,600 USD is arround 3,900 Euros and I can tell you I can sell my Sammy Miller model 10 in less than 30 seconds here for that prize.

Recently we could see in a Spanish webb page a restored model 10 with no history at all for 11,000 Euros. There was a big noise in Spanish trials forums because of this. Are we stupid? somebody asked then. Maybe. But the forum member doing this question was "only" 22 years old, and we have to travel back in time to undestand why we can be so stupid.

You must think that when models 10 and 27 where produced; between 1964 and 1967 (arround 1000 units of model 10 and less than 700 of model 27 many of them destroyed and lost for ever), Spain was far away developed behind our European neighbours, and NOBODY here could afford to buy this bikes. All of them where exported to UK and specially US. We dreamed about having those bikes, and we dramed about driving them in trials, specially in Scotland, but very few could do it then.

Now there are many of those who dreamed about that, that can afford it, and can have this bikes and even use them arround in our classic trials. I think this madness is more about recovering impossible dreams from our youth and bringing back home the advanced bikes our poor industry then managed to built, and that we could not enjoy then, only reading about those foreign pilots using them; Sammy Miller, Mick Andrews.......

Maybe now you can undestand a little why in Spain nobody wants a SWM, but why we can become mad about having a 60