Build Quality

euan1

All of the new bikes available today are good - all are breakable - all will be unreliable if not maintained properly. Every rider holds a light for their own machine and manufacturer.

I'm off out on my Volvo (4rt) now and will be meeting my mate on his Ferrari (gasgas) ..... still brings a smile to my face when I think about it.... ;)

Edited by daggs888

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any modern trials bike has a performance far in excess of anything most riders will ever need.ALLthe marks we lose are down to rider error or inability,look at a wtc video of 10 years back to see what those bikes could do in the right hands.I currently ride a 300 raga,previous to that 290 sherco,then 270 rev3.Never had any problems other than consumables,clean filter every trial,gear oil every month,wash and dry them every trial,maybe I've been lucky but some people do little or no maintenance then blame the bike.Ride the one that suits you best

I got a new TXT280 Pro in 05. In the start it gave me a lot of problems because it wasn't assembled properly. After those problems were solved, it has been a fantastic bike. I think the build quality is a bit below most other bikes, but it not a problem if you keep on doing your maintenance!

The GasGas is extreme light, it has tons of power, it is very fast on the gas and is very slim. I am just loving to ride because of its power and it is so easy to throw around. I think the 280/300 can be a bit to power-full for beginners, but beside that it is really great.

Honestly, I've been around the usa to many nationals and all, and haven't seen ANYTHING like any of these pics happening. What were the circumstances behind those pictures huh? Throw it off a cliff or wall? World rider was having at it a bit too much? Inexperienced rider didn't know what he/she was doing?

Sorry if I'm seeming a bit harsh and quick to anger, but when people pull up random photos on google saying my bike sucks well, I'm gonna say something back.

Look at corvette's quality...

chevy_corvette_crash.jpg

just another pic of the gas gas quality

What a crock!!. The gasgas has not even got a weld seam at that point of the frame and if you look closely at the frame all four of the tubes have a perfectly straight cut across them which looks like it has been done with an angle grinder. NO bike frame would snap with such precision like this as long as I have a hole in my a***!!

That bike in that pic isn't a pampera, sorry, but it isn't.

Frames don't break because of lack of maintainance. (maybe if you rub it and put stickers on there lol) I agree with the angle saw idea.

The next time your friend wants to destroy a bike, just tell him to donate it to me(before he takes the grinder to it!).. I'll give it a GOOD home, with tons of maintainance! ;)

My uncle had an older gasgas JTR replica (not sure what year) and I thought that bike was great. He can be quoted to this day stating: "...it's the lightest bike I've ever owned..." That's what we all want in a bike, right? And like any, they require proper maintainance. If you want your stuff to look mint all the time, you have to learn to enjoy working on it and keeping it that way! Or the hobby will soon be a chore :D

I think Gas Gas bikes are really sweet, but my bike is like 25 years old.. Every new bike is sweet to me! ;)

i think if you look at a gasser frame its joined about where that bike broke, the frame is welded there, then ground , polished and chromed. The Gasser is a fantastic bike but as a long time Gas rider very iffy in build quality. But i keep buying them.. ;) Lets hope that 50 mil euro's get the standard up a bit!!

Okay, but then you see, its not build quality.

A pampera is really just a trials bike with diff gearsets and a more enduro friendly ergos. No wonder it destroyed itself in motoX.

How many 7 foot drops do you do on your beta? 10 foot ones? ;)

Any world guy can break a frame. Not hard when you look at what they do. And the average clubman would have to like drive off into a quarry or something to break a frame. (nevermind what happened to the guy ;) )

Edited by Dman