New Bike Opinions - Sherco, Beta, GG, TRS…

Kristop9

Looking for some new bikes opinion thoughts. Intermediate rider looking for a new bike. Past have only been on GG but open to other brands. Live in NC. Prefer a 250 or tamed 300. 

2022 Scorpa 300 - very light use, flywheel weights. Is this the same bike essentially as the Sherco below? “Cheapest” option. 

2022 Scherco ST 250 Factory - found a dealer with a leftover bike heavily discounted. $1k over the used Scorpa above. 

2023 Beta Evo 250 Factory - not a fan of left kick start, never ridden one. Can get this for about $500 over the Sherco. 

2023 GG TXT 250 GP - can get this for about $500 more than the Beta above. Heard since KTM take over some possible quality / reliability issues to be cautious of? China parts, fragile. 

2023 TRS 250 One R ES - I can get one of these for about what the GG would be above. Not their top of line model though. Would you have a TRS One R over a GG GP? Worth it go get the RR for a lower level rider?

Lots of questions I know, looking for opinions given such limited info on reviews longer term. 

Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, Kristop9 said:

Heard since KTM take over some possible quality / reliability issues to be cautious of? China parts, fragile.

This here is complete nonsense, stop listening/spreading such rubbish

Go with which one you like the colour of, what most people seem to do these day

Edited by faussy
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, faussy said:

This here is complete nonsense, stop listening/spreading such rubbish

Go with which one you like the colour of, what most people seem to do these day

Haha, thanks! I do own a KTM motocross bike which has been flawless so I do take all of this with a grain of salt. 

• Like 2

Some people just love to bash the opposite brand. I havent noticed a drop in GG quality since the takeover. A couple years back some 125s had a bad batch of cdi units, thats about it.

IMO it would be between the GG and TRS, probably the GG since its a brand new bike for 2023 and people seem to like it. Im not a fan of betas, but in the uk theres a reason theyre the most popular bike amongst clubmen. They turn tight (but are twitchy) have really smooth power (but a little lacking). Scorpa and sherco got totally updated with new engine and chasis for 2023. The 2022 versions arent bad bikes and if you want to save a bit, for an intermediate rider they are more than fine.

Theres very little to choose between them all. Picking which bike you think looks the best really is a legitamate reason, especially if you are going new/newish

Edited by faussy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All of them are constant maintenance, what brand would provide you the best dealer/service representation?  <- that's the one to roll with.

... my TRS dealer is only 20 feet away at the moment and he has a truckload of spare parts 😎

Edited by lemur
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, faussy said:

Constant maintanence? Theyre all brand new! Am i doing trials wrong if ive only had to go to the dealer a couple of times in 20 years?

Yep constant, you must not be riding anywhere near the hours I do now, I'm retired and all I do now is ride motorcycles.  Currently a 2017 Montesa and a 2020 TRS and planning to trade my TRS in for a new one this year or next spring.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, faussy said:

Maintanence on a trials bike should not involve a dealer. If it requires a dealer, thats not maintanence

What that man said! On the other hand a good dealer is an important asset. It's not necessary for them to be close, as long as you get sensible advice over the phone and a good mail order service for any parts you require.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, faussy said:

Fair enough, i thought you meant you needed a dealer handy because you were always taking it to him to get it fixed.

Oh heck no!  

and if I did break something at yesterdays trial, I would have had it fixed ready for todays trial 😎 D&J stock the parts you are likely to need.