Sales!

austini

It's been over a year now since the 4RT replaced the 2ST whats the concensus:

Did Montesa do the right thing or should they have run on the 2ST for a couple more years?

How many units are the dealers selling in 06 compared with 04?

Do you think the indoor series has hurt Montesa?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could buy a monty it would be nice,last year i gave up waiting in about april

I am still waiting for one now

Only a few years ago monty had loads of bikes at southern trials mostly new or just a year old,now they are fewer on the ground and old 315s still out number 4rts

Montesa in my opinion where brave to change to 4t but when they did it they thought everone else would have to do the same (they still might)

everyone who has one seems to love it,its just not many people want to take the risk

If you could buy a monty it would be nice,last year i gave up waiting in about april

I am still waiting for one now

Only a few years ago monty had loads of bikes at southern trials mostly new or just a year old,now they are fewer on the ground and old 315s still out number 4rts

Montesa in my opinion where brave to change to 4t but when they did it they thought everone else would have to do the same (they still might)

everyone who has one seems to love it,its just not many people want to take the risk

Supply doesn't seem to be a problem up here a well respected gentleman in the later stages of trialling has just bought a new Repsol Replica no problem trying to get it to a desk top to remap has caused more difficulty ;)

Now this may sound a bit daft or unbelieveable but its true . I went to my local trials dealer last week all excited , ive decideed to get a 4rt, so how much to trade in my Sherco 290 2004, the reply was sorry were not taking trade ins at the moment sell it yourself you will get a better deal ! . Couldnt believe what i was hearing so still got the sherco, If i do sell it i wont be goin back there ;)

ps anyone want a sherco

It's been over a year now since the 4RT replaced the 2ST whats the concensus:

Did Montesa do the right thing or should they have run on the 2ST for a couple more years?

How many units are the dealers selling in 06 compared with 04?

Do you think the indoor series has hurt Montesa?

If you read between the lines here, I think Austini has raised a few valid points.

I read somewhere ( don't you just hate that vague phrase?)that;

1) The current 4RT cost

I agree with most of what has been said ;)

I reckon that the bike gives four-stoke lovers a competitive machine at most levels and for them, if they can afford it, thats great.

Any normal rider who judges a bike by its indoor performance only I think would be a little naive!

There are 2 type of people in this world.

Those that own a 4RT and those that want to own one.

Theres only really Sherco and Montesa who have bought out a new bike in the last year. Beta and Gasser just cosmetic changes.