Sales!

austini

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 type of people in this world.

Those that own a 4RT and those that want to own one.

What type of person are you then ?

At the moment I'm a person who wants to own one. There's just something about them. Mind you I think the petrol tank looks a bit off, the flat one makes it look like a different bike.

I noticed that as well. There seems to be a lot about, certainly on the Clubman routes in the North at the moment.

Yeah evidently the clubman route at the Cleveland was won on a 4RT and they reckon the bloke riding it couldn't even finish the year previous event on his gasser. :)

It was the only time the Gasser huffed on me last year & I'll be well pleased if the 4RT goes round SSDT with as few problems. All it needed for the week was air filter changes, oil change mid week & a set of front wheel bearings on the Tuesday night.

Went out to the garage at five to seven tonight to fettle the 4RT for nest weekend. Changed oils, put filter back in and fender back on. In the warm at 7.30 - could never do maintenance that quick on any other bike I've owned. I still totally adore it!!

clearly yes or more than one manufacturer would have a machine for sale today.

Traction and the 4rt are not synonymous.

I think the reason that only one manufacturer has enough knowledge of building 4t trials and ofcourse Honda has money to back it up. From what I've heard they started testing the first prototype of the 4RT back in 2003. Sherco has done a good job with the 4t, if you think of how big they are compared to Honda. If Sherco continue to develop the 4t it will be a great bike in a few years. I think GasGas and Beta will have a problem if FIM decide to run only 4t.

For me the biggest reason to ride a 4t is that it suits my riding perfectly, and, what's more important, it makes me smile :) I havn't actually seen anyone driving a 4RT that hasn't been smiling, exept for those who have decided that the bike is no good before they have even tried it.

I'm not sure that the aborted FIM 4-stroke rule for '06 had as much to do with the decision to develop the 4RT motor as did the decision that Honda made a while back to go 4-stroke across the entire company's output, from weed whackers to excavators. It was always going to happen sooner rather than later.

Of the two "big five" trials manufacturers yet to announce 4-stroke models, GasGas have some in-house 4-stroke expertise with the EC enduro bikes leaving only Beta who have 4-strokes in their non-trials product ranges but using externally-sourced engines from Suzuki (Alp) and KTM (in the RR enduro machines). Until the recent upheavals at GasGas I bet they were working on a 4-banger trialler but with the suits now firmly in control of the purse strings I bet the project's on indefinite hold until the FIM finally make their mind up what they're going to do.

If Beta don't have some super-secret internal 4-stroke development programme it'd make sense for them to do build something around the KTM 250EXC Racing engine (like Scorpa did with the Yam WR/YZF250) but I guess that all depends on the terms of their agreement with the Austrians. DRZ-engined Rev-3 anyone? No, me neither :)

Not forgetting that damn orange bunch now have a rather tidy looking twin cam(as loathed as i am to say it) now so it could be either that or the old snoozeville single cam 250.

Neonsurge please dont say things like DRZ engined trials bikes i will have nightmares! :)