Lol At The Fim

NAD1

Question: Quickest way to ruin trials and upset all the riders?

Answer: Follow the idiotic decisons of the ACU who (almost) had the balls to admit that the 2012 BTC was a totally sh*t borefest despised by the riders and ignored by fans and reverted to stop allowed for 2013.

Wow there's some imbeciles running this sport at a national and international level.

• Like 3

Can I just volunteer to make decisons for the ACU or FIM?? If so where do I sign up.

You bloody well should be able to....

It's literally like the FIM have exactly copied the ACU and organinsed a 'meeting' but didn't want to spend too long actually looking into and discussing the problems, issues or consequences of their attrocious decision making so did a 5 minute round table of sh*t idea's and said "hey, lets implement the worst idea so we can go home before it's dark on the roads"

Had to happen.

When will commonsense and a proven format that these current riders have grown up with and developed their riding skills around, not be bushwacked by outside influences that undoubtably have an agender in mind when some of these farcical changes are put in place. Whats worse many rule changes are usually spirited in the back door with little or no consultation with the very people it will effect. Nothing will change the abilities of the top riders or their positions on the scoreboard. What you do risk is loosing them from the sport altogether.

• Like 1

Had to happen.

When will commonsense and a proven format that these current riders have grown up with and developed their riding skills around, not be bushwacked by outside influences that undoubtably have an agender in mind when some of these farcical changes are put in place. Whats worse many rule changes are usually spirited in the back door with little or no consultation with the very people it will effect. Nothing will change the abilities of the top riders or their positions on the scoreboard. What you do risk is loosing them from the sport altogether.

Exactly, how many of the top boys are now potentially saying 'do you know what I could do VERY well and earn more money in Enduro or Extreme Enduro'

As with the ACU the FIM seem to have forgotten the single biggest (and by some margin) factor for these issues - there is a rather large and ongoing worldwide economic recession which they may or may not be aware of.

For the manufacturers - Costs of production, shipping, wages and competing around the world in WTC all going up, up, up every year. The same goes for private teams and privateers

As a result they dont want to / cant afford to sponsor and pay for 3 or 4 riders to compete around the world in the top level WTC.

The only way to improve WTC is to leave the elite as the elite and for the FIM to focus a lot more time and effort on publicity and PR for the WTC and WTC events rather than just allowing the poor organising clubs (who generally do a great job) to do it all with limited time and resource.

Going no stop in the WTC isn't suddenly going to make another 20 riders say 'right, lets sign up and compete in the full series. Now its no stop I'm sure to get nearer to beating Toni Bou'

To get new bums on seats (so to speak) at a WTC round the event needs pre event publicity, demonstrations etc and it needs to be seen as dynamic, exciting and amazing enough to get joe public (non trials fans) to want to go along to take a look.

Going no stop makes it less dynamic, less exciting and a lot less amazing to watch. So with the current low level of focus and publicity coupled with a much less interesting watch and less interested riders/teams this can only go one way for the WTC.

The days of 100 riders in a WTC are long gone and wont return. The sport has evolved. Sadly the governing bodies have not evolved with it.

The FIM have introduced Junior and Youth classes which is actually very good but the simple fact is that the skill level of the elite is too high for 40, 50, 60 riders to be able to compete and be competitive.

So rather than look at the bigger picture and put concerted time and effort into it they go for a quick and cheap 'fix' and totally balls it up

Edited by nickday1
  • Like 1

Can I just volunteer to make decisons for the ACU or FIM?? If so where do I sign up.

You bloody well should be able to....

It's literally like the FIM have exactly copied the ACU and organinsed a 'meeting' but didn't want to spend too long actually looking into and discussing the problems, issues or consequences of their attrocious decision making so did a 5 minute round table of sh*t idea's and said "hey, lets implement the worst idea so we can go home before it's dark on the roads"

If the ACU dont listen to the top riders they aint gonna listen to you,as for the 2 BTC championships nxt yr we will wait to see which one will be the most popular,think we already know the answer to that one.
  • Like 1

Heard on the grape vine that Toni Bou wants to keep in the theme of no stop trials and is considering a TLR 200 for nxt yr lol

and he would still win !!!, it doesn't matter whether its stop or no-stop the top riders will always be the top riders and will always win,they always have

so i really don't know what all the fuss is about to be honest

and i really cant see where the problem is about marking or laying out a section if your bike stops forward motion its a five, how simple do you want it ???

Edited by wetfeet
  • Like 1

and he would still win !!!, it doesn't matter whether its stop or no-stop the top riders will always be the top riders and will always win,they always have

and i really cant see where the problem is about marking or laying out a section if your bike stops forward motion its a five, how simple do you want it ???

:agreed: well said. :popcorn:

The problem is that the sections when there was a rule change in 2010 didnt change, this will only work if, very big if, the sections are no stop sections.

• Like 1

There is a solution and i think it was Alan Wright who touched on it first, , and its all down to tyres, the modern tyres are so sticky that the good riders could climb a house end, so for very little money just take the ultra sticky tyres off the market and go back to 4 ply tyres, i know this is a step backward for you hop,stop and rev the tits of your bike boys, but it would make section planning a whole lot easier, because the bikes will not be able to grip like they can now, i am sure the tyre manufacturer's will soon be able to re-tool there machines for very little expense to them

its just a thought

Edited by wetfeet