Japan Wtc - Non Stop

jam

Been watching some of the coverage of the WTC in Japan - don't know about you guys but the skill level is out of this world but........... Bou went backwards on one sub 3 foot and got a 2 !!

It is very difficult for the observers and such a fine line as to what you call a stop, but I think some get away with it.

Bou again at Penrith last year if I remember he stalled, fired the mont back up and got a clean........................ 

and Japan didnt even send a team to tdn, why do we allow them to bend the rules it isnt the nice jolly the fim get to go out there is it.........

You have the whole of Japan yet it's at the same venue every single year. Now think who owns that venue...

BTW, I wouldn't call going out there a jolly by any means - even for FIM bodies. It's a bloody long way, it's in the middle of nowhere and is probably the most sterile place I've ever been. Your head is totally screwed with jetlag by the time you get there (look at the UK times people were posting online over the weekend and add 8 hours). Even a beer cost a fortune and it was 9 years ago I went. It really isn't a pleasant experience.

• Like 2

The SSDT is an "event". To be honest it has little to do with Modern Trials barring using Modern Bikes. Given the weather and location it's remarkable it's survived. Having said that it has a Hard core of riders/Masochists who keep going back to maintain it.

• Like 1

The SSDT is an "event". To be honest it has little to do with Modern Trials barring using Modern Bikes. Given the weather and location it's remarkable it's survived. Having said that it has a Hard core of riders/Masochists who keep going back to maintain it.

I dunno

The SSDT seems to have sections that i recognise, week in and week out, unlike Japan and the WTC, which only 10 riders in the world can attempt

At the SSDT there will be over 200+, pitching in and been able to ride most or all of them

It has survived because it is the Trial most people can aspire to ride, whether on a TY250 Pinky or a 2015 Factory 300 Beta - side by side

It is a snapshot of every Club trial, every week..................just a bit harder

It is what Trials is all about for the majority of riders who buy bikes, not some WTC circus

I love going up to the SSDT, but have never been to Penrith WTC - despite it being only an hour away

• Like 4

Over subscribed every year god they are getting it so wrong?
  • Like 1

Exactly

It's so unpopular and so far removed from modern Trials, they have to run a ballot :)

Lets not all have rose tinted glasses though, it gets harder every year, maybe too hard now and out of the 30 000 odd trials riders worldwide (5000 in the uk?) only 300 enter?

• Like 1