More torque device for all bikes - air ionizer

klonheadd

23 hours ago, klonheadd said:

I had an interesting read about new clever device More Torque developed to improve trial bikes air intake by ionising air inside airbox. Would like to test it myself for sure.

Full article on trialworld.es

Here translated to English : 

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.trialworld.es%2Fprueba-dispositivo-mas-par-motor-motos-trial%2F&edit-text=&act=url

The only way to get more oxygen into an engine is with forced induction i.e. Turbo or supercharging you can also add nitrous oxide which releases more oxygen on burning.If you do any of these without adding more fuel you will get detonation and destroy your engine.Now putting a magnet in your airbox will do nothing to  oxygen molecules which have zero charge so if you aren't putting anymore oxygen in you can't get any more power.Bet Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes haven't got magnets in his air filter!Car manufacturers don't use them as they do nothing!At least all the crap on eBay are cheap this is €350!Someone is going to lose/make a lot of money!

10 hours ago, klonheadd said:

I get your point lads. Science and technological improvement is of no concern to average trials rider playing in mud. And it's hard to think about all these ions and molecules ;) 

I personally thought it's a neat idea and I am happy that trialworld testers are not that prejudiced as these fellas above.

I am looking from a perspective of how could my engine work more efficiently than it is, purely for advancing technological design.  If it would cost much less it would be more attractive definitely :)

do you believe in ufo's?

There are patents for improving combustion efficiency by ionizing  the air entering an engine. But to ionize enough air to be noticable requires a strong electric field, think that crackling corona discharge you hear under powerlines on a damp day. A whole lot of enegetic photons from a UV source. A source of ionizing radiation, i.e. a block of cesium big enough to kill you or at least drastically damage the dingleberries with a minutes exposure.