Bou Joining Montesa Hrc

cota kid

So TC came up with the scope that Bou was, at the end of the season, joining Montesa HRC signing a 2 year contract.

I'd heard sometime ago that Montesa were looking for a Spanish male rider to challenge for the WTC. To me Toni Bou is the obvious choice, young and talented. I personally think its a good move for Toni, Montesa HRC have unquestionably the best factory set up and the chance to be team mates with fujigas and Lampkin and the experience they bring will be if great benefit for his future asperations.

In the past Doug predicted Bou as being a future World Champion, the reality of that just took a huge step forward.

In the past Doug predicted Bou as being a future World Champion, the reality of that just took a huge step forward.

Doug mentioned Bou's name at one of his Silsden trials schools several years ago and said that he was pretty special. I'm not sure how old Bou is now but I seem to remember him being just 15 or 16 at the time...

Doug mentioned Bou's name at one of his Silsden trials schools several years ago and said that he was pretty special. I'm not sure how old Bou is now but I seem to remember him being just 15 or 16 at the time...

I also have evidence from a few years back of Laia Sanz saying to watch out for Bou.

He's young, he now has the backing of the most professional team in Trials (no discredit to other teams, but in all honesty they can't compete with the mighty Honda corporation). He'd have be a fool to turn down the opportunity.

Interesting that Honda/Montesa have signed Bou over Raga. Given that they could afford either, is it investing for the future or realisation that if it wasn't for Fuji's injury this year then Raga's title could easily have gone another way?

It does say one thing quite clearly - they don't consider Adam Raga as a domineering force over the next two years.

I think Bou has spoilt all his chances of becoming a World Champion , the 4RT is much to heavy for his riding style , he's taken a step down from the best bike to the worst!!! there was much more power in the beta and hes just threw it away!!! o well his desition

Bank Managers decision.....was always on the cards, HRC won't go too much longer without the best prosect, who at the moment is Bou. money talks

I think Bou has spoilt all his chances of becoming a World Champion , the 4RT is much to heavy for his riding style , he's taken a step down from the best bike to the worst!!! there was much more power in the beta and hes just threw it away!!! o well his desition

Why are people still posting these ridiculous remarks about the 4RT being the worst bike and how they will only hold a rider back. As for too heavy and no power - have you ridden a full works HRC 4RT..?? So how do you know.

What is it that you can't see about the facts - the 4RT has won more rounds than any other bike in the championship this year and probably as many as the others put together - so how can it be crap....... If Fuji hadn't been injured at the start of the year he'd probably have the championship wrapped up now. Raga, Bou and Cabastany have hardly run away with it on their superior 2 strokes have they.

i 3rd the "complete crap" vote on this statement! :)

it would be a bold man (or a fool) to underestimate Bou's talent and hondas ability to make the 4rt win many championships.

Interesting. It is a known fact that the factory 4RT weighs less than 150 pounds and is pretty close to the weight of the 2T's. Fuji has mentioned in one of the spanish web pages that he considers the latest factory version equal to or better than the factory 315's of a couple of years ago. It is a safe bet that the 4RT is fully competitive with the two strokes - maybe even better - at least for the outdoor events.

:)

I agree with one point that the factory Mont's whether they be the 315's or the 4RT's are nothing like the stock bike either in weight or power! For me, I guess the only thing I question is Honda's mandate. I don't like the fact that it seems like(from an uninformed view) that they have been putting pressure on the FIM to enforce a 4stroke only rule.What is the actual point of view of the FIM. Is it a emissions concern? If so it should be open season, 2stroke or 4stroke, you must adhere to the level of emissions. Honda is the biggest motorcycle company in the world, and if they can force all the small factories of trials bikes into having to produce 4strokes, I think that is bad for the sport. If they simply want to produce a modern 4stroke and show us how good they can make it, I say hat's off to them!

It doesn't really matter to me personally. I do prefer the 2stroke for performance and ease of maintenance. But I am not opposed to riding a 4stroke in the future. As soon as they can build one that in my mind is better than a 2stroke, I would get one!

As for Bou, he has to do what is best for him! Probably not the best for Beta or the sport, but quite obviously the best for him. Mont/Honda has quickly become the New York Yankee's of the Trials world. They can go out each an every year and purchase the services of the best available talent in order to win a championship! Good luck in the long run!

Cheers, steve

By such a ridiculous statement you completly invalidate any miniscule measure of sense or reason in your view. The works montesas are much lighter than standard it is obviuos to anyone that has been within a few feet of one that they probably have more titanium than any other bike ever. They are the best engineered bike, best back up and biggest payers. In Andorra dougie (heavy) was practising the same section as Bou (lighter) and got up the steep climb out first time, Toni was struggling. So I think there are, from experience not personal opinion, distinct advantages for a 4rt over the Beta, and probably all the others.

Oh and then there is the last time betas top rider went to HRC, oh yes just a few WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. I personally don't like the 4rt but as sure as anything if Bou asked me what to do I would say go hrc.

It's a great move for both HRC and Bou, and a shame for Beta. Dougie will surely only do one more year, if that. And it looks like Bou has the ability to take the fight to Raga and Caby, if a little lacking on consistency.

I guess they could of gone for Raga but I wonder if he could of adapted as effectively to the 4RT - he seems so synonymous with the PRO and its development, I know he's not popular in the UK, but it looks like he is going to win the most fiercely fought wtc for a while, he must deserve credit for that.