What's Your Job?

diesel dan

G'day all. Forgive me if this has been posted before. But just wondering what everyone does for money. This is a truely global site and it interests me what people do to pay the bills.

So i'll start with myself

Qualified Diesel Mechanic.

Running my own repair workshop from our families 350acre farm.

Did my apprenticeship at Caterpillar.

Last worked at Ford Motor Company Australia at their Proving Ground.

So, don't be shy and post up!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay my bills..... Am I supposed to do that? :D

My Day job.

http://www.campbell.army.mil/envdiv/PPOC.htm

I like the little PPOC movie, thought that was kind of cool.

My evening job (keeping the equipment running for the real BOSS) Actually it is my hobby that let's me have my toys :D After all, I work for the German Mafia.....

http://www.awomanstouch.net/

Oh, and I did an apprenticeship working for my uncle :angry:

Edited by Alan Bechard

Bank of America network engineer - oh yes it's all very interesting stuff :angry: snore...

Whenever you get junk mail from MBNA, or from Virgin, or from Alliance and Leicester, or Abbey, or god knows how many other credit cards, I've been a part of filling your doormat with ****.

Whenever you ring the companies above to speak to a human, and you get an infuriating automated (IVR) to talk to instead - that's me again.

When you get cold called in the middle of your favourite TV program by some annoying sales bloke - yep, I provide the connectivity for those diallers.

And a few other bits and pieces that rather than annoy you would probably bore you to tears :D

Fully trained Meteorologist though currently involved in the IT/Communications management side. Work for the UK Met Office, the best weather services provider on the planet....cue the gags... Been doing this malarkey for 21 years, UK(Scotland and Yorkshire for a couple of years) Germany, Falklands, Antarctica. Spent a lot of time with the Army Air Corp 1 Regt in Germany & 9 Regt in Yorkshire and the Falklands is a Joint Operation between all three services.

Its good fun and the best part is every day is different

Work for myself making Bespoke Gates/Doors and garden furniture. Been doing it for years now and allows me to sneak off Thursday afternoons on the Trials bike with the lads.

Just me on my own now but thats how I like it, not much stress and worry and Ralph comes and has a coffee most days. Workshop is only half mile from home so nice and close as well, if anyone knows Oxford, driving anywhere is a nightmare

Student. I'm studying English with Creative Writing down here in Cornwall (I know, I was surprised I could do a degree down here as well).

I've not always been a bum though, I used to work in Software Development for a fairly reputable firm in Soho.

Just a nerd code monkey. C++, C# and Java.

Oh, and achieving total and absolute control of the planet through the global broadcasting of subliminal brainwashing messages subtly embedded into looped episodes of "Eldorado". But that's just a weekend thing.

Hi all,

Engineer (onshore) for Apache North Sea (they own the Forties Field). Been there 15 months.

Before that I was Technical Manager for a Drilling Inst. & Controls company (21 years service).

Ian.

Consultant for global software firm dealing with designing solutions around data availability and regulatory compliance. Basically I design data backup, high availability (clustering, mirroring and replication of data) and archiving solutions for enterprise customers. If I go any deeper into what I do it would bore you senseless. It pays the mortgage, pays for the scoob and lets me have this site - that's all that matters :angry:

Consultant for global software firm dealing with designing solutions around data availability and regulatory compliance. Basically I design data backup, high availability (clustering, mirroring and replication of data) and archiving solutions for enterprise customers. If I go any deeper into what I do it would bore you senseless. It pays the mortgage, pays for the scoob and lets me have this site - that's all that matters :angry:

Plus it allows you to burp on a mouse over.

Also the adventures to the US of A and taste Al's apple juice.

Edited by Dabnabit